Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 33

Re: Digital Voice

Go to solution

Stuart

My thanks for this.

By retaining my internal network in this way then my autodialler which sits in an extension socket will continue to function as it does with no need for a DV adapter in what I would have needed which is yet another UPS (uninterruptible power supply) to ensure an alarm call gets out irrespective of power cuts. Great.

I have this asked before. My present arrangement is FTTC, copper to the house. Do I assume that at sometime in the future to rid the system of copper cables that Openreach will make my connection FTTP? Just wondering.

Thanks again Stuart.

John

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 33

Go to solution

@JohnRH 

Just a note if you were not aware, DV does not support pulse dialling, only tone dialling, but I expect most use that now.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 33

Go to solution

Keith

Thanks. Yes my auto dialler supports both but its long been switched to tone dialling.

Can you answer the question I have asked.

I have FTTC and copper to the house. I assume it will remain that way????

Is the long term intention to remove the copper to the house and replace this with fibre?

Thanks again.

John

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 33

Go to solution

Yes, at some point in the future but it is unrelated to the switch to DV

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 33

Go to solution

licquorice

Thanks again.

Sorry one more question.

It says a phone can be plugged into the SH2.

However it doesn't say what type of phone. Obviously dect phones have their own power but an old conventional phone derived its power from the BT system.

I assume only phone with their own power supply can be used so all simply plug in phones will become redundant?

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 33

Go to solution

Any phone can be plugged into the hub, not just DECT base stations. The hub has a built in ATA.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 33

Go to solution
ATA? What's that?
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 33

Go to solution

No.  In keeping with the traditional advice for cordless phones, I also keep a basic corded phone handy for power cuts.  That works as well but, as Iniltous said, it is not clear what the REN number is so how many phones it would support is not clear.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 33

Go to solution

@HHGTTG 

Analogue Telephone Adapter

Message 20 of 33

Go to solution

As Licquorice said…ATA is “Analogue Telephone Adapter”.  Converts from the old analogue phone system to the new IP based system.

0 Ratings