cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 95

Re: Digital Voice.

Sadly, some people only want to believe the horror stories splashed across the likes of The Daily Wail about isolated pensioners without mobile phones in remote areas who experience frequent power cuts and are unable to contact the Emergency Services.  The reality is that for the vast majority of customers the switch to Digital Voice telephony will be painless and the new service will not cost them anything extra unless they choose to upgrade to a DV handset or want to utilise an adaptor so that another phone can be used away from the Hub.

Message 72 of 95

And even more sadly you entirely missed the point of why I posted that.

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 95

Yep, to provoke @Jane2018 to post her paranoia yet again.

Message 74 of 95

Well done.  I'm impressed.

Suffice it to say I agree with the comment posted by DaveZ.  It was actually a dig, not support.

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 95

I would not say I am paranoid about it. I am a bit cross with BT for implying London was moving to DV by end of 2023 and here we are in December and no we have not been switched yet.

I am concerned about theft of my time in essence - that I don't just plug and play my corded landlines. I have to do about 20 other tasks, I have to receive new hubs, I have to deal with new broadband passwords, I need to deal with my call minder voicemails, I need to learn new dial tones (not sure about if I can still take phones off the hook) and much else.

So if I didn't haev to do a single thing and a BT man came to the house, installed new hubs, deal with changing all passwords or retaining current ones, set it all up for the same recorded voicemails, same number of rings before it goes to voicemail, plugged it all in, made sure I had the same settings (with no blocking of international calls etc etc ) - left it exactly as it is now other than the fact 020 has to be dialed I think in as well as out which is a nuisance and a change, then fine. Instead of that help I will be left with hours and hours of my time robbed from me for a service which basically will be worse.

If my £200 a month charge went down to £50 or if there were no longer charges for calls each month etc etc great. instead on almost every front DV will be worse than what we now have.

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 95

And bang on queue............

Message 77 of 95

It was such a slow night as well.  I love it.

List the 20 points @Jane2018  and we'll go through them.  As a freebee, you don't change the password on every device.  You just change the new hub to your current password.

Message 78 of 95

That I don't just plug and play my corded landlines.

- You're right. If you don't you will have problems, of course. But we recommend that you do plug the phones in.

I have to receive new hubs

- Pretty sure Royal Mail do the delivering, so yes, you do have to pick them out of the letter box. I'm sorry.

I have to deal with new broadband passwords

- Not if you set the new hub to your old hub's SSID(Wireless Name) and Password - then everything just connects

I need to deal with my call minder voicemails

- I know nothing about this, but imagine if they are linked to the phone you are using, this will not change - Either turn off 1571 or set it to more rings than your call minder service. I doubt this current service will just disappear.

I need to learn new dial tones

- Same old Great British Dial Tone.

(not sure about if I can still take phones off the hook)

- You lift the receiver, and place it down, just as you would now

So if I didn't haev to do a single thing and a BT man came to the house, installed new hubs, deal with changing all passwords or retaining current ones, set it all up for the same recorded voicemails, same number of rings before it goes to voicemail, plugged it all in, made sure I had the same settings (with no blocking of international calls etc etc ) - left it exactly as it is now other than the fact 020 has to be dialed I think in as well as out which is a nuisance and a change, then fine.

- To be fair, you are asking a lot there. When you run out of plugs in an extension lead, does the electric company rewire your house for you? Or do you just follow a small set of simple tasks to make your new item power up?

Instead of that help I will be left with hours and hours of my time robbed

- Only if you never plug them in, yes.

from me for a service which basically will be worse.

- I have DV and I would say it's better in almost every way except for where it is exactly the same - only speaking from experience, but… you don't want to know about proven real world examples now, do you?

If my £200 a month charge went down to £50 or if there were no longer charges for calls each month etc etc great. instead on almost every front DV will be worse than what we now have.

- I would be querying the amount, even if it was 'fair' because a lot of companies do shift the price for you, if you just ask about it. Sky were a great one for this if you even suggested you were cancelling, you would suddenly have a lower bill, and more TV channels.

Hope that helped.

Message 79 of 95

@Jane2018 

Give it a rest or better still give us a rest from your repeated moans. 

Who set up your broadband and connected your devices to it when you got it and who set up all the other things that you are moaning about. If it wasn't you get who ever it was to do it for you or if that is not possible get a local computer shop/engineer to do it for you.

Having said all that please do not reply to this post.

Message 80 of 95

@PlanetVisitor 

All her moans have already been answered many times. Please don't encourage her.