cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital Voice

Last year I received numerous correspondence from BT saying that Digital Voice is coming and in October that it would be coming in the next 30 days. Nothing changed since then. So still on landline and they have sent the adopter in the meantime. 

Why has this not been installed yet - In my recent call with BT they claimed that i had to ask for digiatal voice which is contradiction to all the correspondence received to date....

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital Voice

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

In case you hadn’t noticed there was a lot of resistance to the DV rollout , negative press / TV coverage , question asked in Parliament etc about  ‘vulnerable’ customers that didn’t have a mobile and lived in places susceptible to power outages the ‘outrage’ was sufficient to get BT to delay the rollout while these issues were readdressed…..the rollout has restarted, but the previous timescales are no longer reliable , so if you were told within 30 days , more than 30 days ago , no doubt you will be given a new notification when your migration has been reprogrammed.

Message 4 of 8

@Veenay 

as you are currently changing your broadband package then I would expect you to be moved to DV when new package is active.  do you have a BT SH2 router or is one being sent to you?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I have the Smart Hub 2 - and seems like this is linked to the other issue i am having with BT on the renewal - the adviser said that I need to initiate the installation for DV.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Tks - again BT is giving me "false" info here. On another property where i have renewed, DV has been activated at renewal. But not on another one for now....

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

If you don't want DV  then probably best to do nothing at all and change nothing so you are not by default actively opting into it. I think  it is very rude of BT to mislead me all last Autumn by saying London was moving to DV and not send a message by 1 December says "we are very very sorry for this but we are recanting what we said and it will now be rolled out in London even if you don't want it by [ give a new date which is accurate]. We are very sorry to have misled you, caused you all that worry and made you do all that research completely pointlessly. This is not the good conduct of  the kind of company we say we are and we will ensure it never happens again. We now will give you a month's free service to make up for the misrepresentation and as a small indication of how much you have been put out by the misleading information in 2023."

Message 8 of 8

Thank you Jane. BT / EE are shameless in their approach and think that a large corporate can bully customers like us. I really think everyone impacted in anyway should log complaint where relevant and this will increase the count for the Ombudsman to see as well. I had to escalate resolving my alarm that is monitored to allow for the DV installation which i could have waited for as such.

0 Ratings