cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital Voice

On Friday of last week my 86 year old Mothers internet went live! Which was exactly what BT had promised! Alas the Digital Voice landline didn’t! 
Since Friday I have spoken with approximately 6/7 different BT assistants, and each one promised me that the landline would be working by the end of that day!

It is now Tuesday, and I am nowhere nearer to resolving the problem!

I have been passed to various departments as they say that it’s an order issue! Even tho on the app, it’s says there are no issues, that my Mothers order has been completed and they have even posted the first bill!

I was told someone would phone me back! But nothing!

My Mother suffers with dementia and the landline is a life saver for her to keep in touch with family, Friends and medical professionals!

I am so disappointed with BT! If there’s an issue! Then please tell me what it is? Nobody seems to know!

I have raised a complaint, so we shall see what happens! But I won’t hold my breath!!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital Voice

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Just a quick point, but did you reboot the hub after it was supposed to go live?  Mine required a reboot before it picked up the correct settings.  If it is supposed to be working, your phone number should appear on the hub management page.

Another point that comes to mind.  It may be a silly thing to ask, but you did move the phone plug from the wall to the back of hub didn't you?

Message 4 of 8

Hi, thanks for the reply! I’ve rebooted it numerous times, both on my own initiative and also when the numerous tech experts online told me to! After them saying they had sent some settings remotely! 

I keep trying, but it’s still dead!

On my app it says that both hub and landline are fully working and no issues! 

I have even tried a different phone, but still nothing! 
I will call them again tomorrow, am using this evening to recharge my own batteries for getting nowhere again tomorrow! 

cheers 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

On the front screen of the hub manager, does the phone symbol show a phone number or 'Not Configured'?

digital voice.jpg

Message 6 of 8

Hi sorry for the late response, I’ve just managed to find Hub Manager and it says Not Configured! 
thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

The switch to DV has not happend yet then.  I believe it is not unusual for DV to be separate from the broadband activation.  They should send a text when the switch to DV goes through.  (As I said, at that time you'll need to reboot the hub again).  On the bright-side, the old phone should carry on working until the switch goes through.  It certainly did for me.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

In the meantime you should be able to keep a landline service by having your phone plugged into the wall socket as it always was.