cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 30

Digital Voice

To be honest, I think BT has taken the foot off the gas in sorting out their WebMail system. Their was a flurry of activity at the start to fix things, but nothing has really changed in months now.

Get the feeling that the big next wave of downside activity from BT will be the abolition of the analogue landline telephone service in just 2 years, where 1000s of vulnerable people, including myself, will be switched to a system that simply does not work when there is a power outage. This will potentially cost actual lives, as opposed to being an 'annoyance'.

I have been told they have developed a 'battery backup', which lasts for a whole hour, however, living in a rural area, my last power outage was 6 hours. Now, the 1st death because of this will cause an almighty sh*tstorm!

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30

Re: New webmail release 2.20.2

I hope you are also complaining to your electricity company about the totally unacceptable number and length of power outages that could potentially cost lives.

Message 3 of 30

@gg30340wrote:

I hope you are also complaining to your electricity company about the totally unacceptable number and length of power outages that could potentially cost lives.

In Northern Ireland, the whole infrastructure in controlled by PowerNI (formerly Northern Ireland Electricity). It's a pseudo government underpinned organisation, and as such, complaining is totally ineffectual...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 30

So I take it that's a no then but as a result of a rubbish electrical supply that can not be relied upon it becomes BT's fault if there is a potential death during a power outage. That's the best piece of blame shifting I've heard for a while.

Message 5 of 30

@gg30340wrote:

So I take it that's a no then but as a result of a rubbish electrical supply that can not be relied upon it becomes BT's fault if there is a potential death during a power outage. That's the best piece of blame shifting I've heard for a while.

That's not 'blame shifting' at all!! Right now BT offer an exemplary service in that during a power outage, you still have full access to a telephone landline. BT are shortly withdrawing that service. Out of interest, who would you 'blame'?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 30

What ever caused the death! 

I doubt the death certificate would say "cause of death due to electrical outage lasting more than one hour which resulted in emergency services being unable to be called"

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 30

@gg30340wrote:

What ever caused the death! 

I doubt the death certificate would say "cause of death due to electrical outage lasting more than one hour which resulted in emergency services being unable to be called"

I suppose in the same argument that if you are run over and killed  by a bus, and test +ve for Covid, your death certificate states cause of death, 'Covid'...

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 30

I doubt it. It would state you had a covid positive test in last 28 days. Cause of death multiple injuries by being hit by a bus.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 30

@gg30340wrote:

I doubt it. It would state you had a covid positive test in last 28 days. Cause of death multiple injuries by being hit by a bus.

It is still added to the 'covid' death toll, despite death certificate. However, that aside, I still fail to see why you are so defensive of a BT move which will so obviously detract from the customer service they currently offer?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 30

I am not defensive of it. I happen to agree that it should be available in the event of an electrical outage but I don' t agree with your over the top blame shifting!

0 Ratings