cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital Voice

I have FTTC Fibre 2 connection with Digital Voice. I have some questions I hope someone can answer.

1. Would I be able to cancel DV and take out VoIP from an alternative provider, whilst keeping my broadband with BT?

2. Would I be charged an early cancellation fee for the DV, I still have 7 months left to run on my broadband contract.

3. Would I be able to transfer my landline number to the new VoIP provider?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital Voice

Message 3 of 8

@Maranello 

Cancelling your phone would also cancel your broadband connection.

Message 4 of 8

@Keith_Beddoe 

Thanks for responding. It seems odd that when I signed up for broadband, DV was an add-on, but if I want to cancel it I also cancel the broadband connection. Is this because I have FTTC rather than FTTP?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Your package is broadband with phone (DV in your case) and the add on is a call package either PAYG, 700 minutes or unlimited . Cancelling DV as @Keith_Beddoe  will terminate your broadband and phone contract and if in contract have termination penalties. You need to wait until contract end then move phone to VOIP provider and take broadband only contract with BT or another ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 8

The saving for removing DV is at most £5/m If you can live with a different number, simply order a VoIP service in addition to DV.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Just do what I have done in the the last 9 months or so  and dont plugs phone in to landline or router.

Moved to DV/internet calls just over 3 months ago when I moved to Sky for FTTC and have not used the service.

Dont  make many phone calls but if I do its using my mobile. As I get unlimited calls to a landline and mobile number within the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@imjolly 

Thanks for the advice. The difficulty as I see it is coordinating the VoIP contract start with changing the BT contract to broadband only. From what I have read elsewhere there is a real risk of losing my landline phone number. I suppose in the last month of my contract I could set up a new VoIP contract with a new number, running concurrently with DV, then apply to port my landline number to the new VoIP service and hopefully apply to change to broadband only on the same date the port takes place. I would have to trust that it either happens as expected, or if it doesn't I can shout and scream down an unresponsive phone handset.

0 Ratings