cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Digital voice activation

Go to solution

The situation is that I have just had FTTP with BT Halo3 installed, together with Digital Voice, but I can't receive calls.

I placed my order in mid-September. The mid-October install had to be postponed because the hub didn't arrive in time, BT taking no account of the Royal Mail strikes.

Finally on 2nd Dec an Openreach engineer arrived. He couldn't get the cable through the ducting so did the install without the connection and left. On 4th December another Openreach engineer arrived and managed to feed the cable and complete the connection. After testing the Broadband speed (it's stunning) he left without saying anything else.

Upon connecting and setting up the BT Alexa phone I immediately found that although I could make outgoing calls I could not receive calls. I decide to sleep on it and check the next day.

Yesterday still no change. I drilled down into my order on My BT and it was showing Voice activation on 12th December. OK, thought I, not satisfactory, but I can live with a few days, get it and then complain.

This morning when I checked the date of voice activation had been moved to 29th December. Clearly very unsatisfactory.

I made a lengthy call to BT this morning and the chap at the other end was really as helpful as he could be.  He could not understand what had happened. After trying various things he went away and called Openreach. He came back and said that unfortunately the person at the other end was very rude to him and merely said I should call back next Monday (12th) to see what progress there was.

I've been a BT customer for many years and never encountered such a mess before. I'm now without a landline, no guarantee of when it's likely to be resolved and no explanation as to why Digital Voice as not connected at the same time as BT Halo and why it's deemed Ok to leave me without a landline which I'm paying rent for.

Anyone at BT on here like to sort this out for me please?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Digital voice activation

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

this is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT

try phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help  if you get diverted to CS as FTTP busy then try again bit later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give them a try, although I don't expect I'll get anywhere.

I mentioned BT in my original post because I know that BT people dip in here now and again.

Thanks anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @PeterN62 and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having problems making calls. Did you keep the original number when you switched over?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, yes I did. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming that @PeterN62 .

It sounds like something hasn't completed with the order. I'll take a look at this for you. Please check your inbox for my message and drop me a reply with the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, @PeterN62 I'm glad I was able to help you get this sorted.

For the rest of the community, the activation was being delayed as the Broadband order was still showing as open with Openreach even though the blocked ducting issue was resolved. I got them to complete the order and that prompted the activation of the Digital voice service.

Thanks

Neil

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Many thanks again to Neil for getting this resolved very quickly.

Peter