cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Digital voice migration

Go to solution

Hi all, 
Just hoping that one of the lovely Mods would be able to have a look re my migration to DV. 

The reason I'm asking this and before anyone shoots me down, I know today is the activation day but I have "paralell phone service" that has appeared on the order tracking (screen shot attached) 

Further to this there is a section in tracking where it says waiting for your broadband setup to complete before we can set up digital voice (also attached)

I had 3 texts from bt saying DV will be activated today, as its self install already have the smart hub 2.  I know I've put a spanner in the works by canceling fibre 1 so I only have a phone service as I want to transfer my old number, that's another story.  Numerous failed attempts ect ect. Just trying to find out if it's all going through this time 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Thanks in advance 

Robert 

IMG_0935.png

IMG_0936.png

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Digital voice migration

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@lamplite1c 

if you now only have phone and no broadband after cancelling fibre 1 then DV will not work as it needs an active broadband connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Thanks for the quick reply. 

Fibre1 I currently still have, they have said there switching me to fibre essentials. It's almost like the system doesn't know there is active broadband on the line. 🤷

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

If you cancel broadband, then your phone number will be ceased.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@lamplite1cwrote:

The reason I'm asking this and before anyone shoots me down, I know today is the activation day but I have "paralell phone service" that has appeared on the order tracking (screen shot attached) 

This is the normal expected behaviour, during the switch to DV the service will run in paralell with the PSTN service, you'll still be able to receive calls on the PSTN until you setup your Smart Hub 2, once the Smart Hub 2 is connected the hub will make a test call to download the SIP credentials for Digital Voice, once that completes then inbound calls will be routed to the Digital Voice service and the port will complete so you retain the same number.

It happens on all PSTN to Digital Voice migrations, the paralell service is so you don't miss important calls, it runs for 5 days to allow customers a chance to connect the Smart Hub 2, if after 5 days the hub isn't connected, the DV service goes live with the port regardless.

You mention downgrading from Fibre 1 to Essentials, it's most likely that element delaying things, it will complete today so the system will wait for a supplier update to confirm, then progress the order for DV

I strongly urge you not do anything but wait, your order is now past the point of no return, you do not want anyone trying to mess with it, just let the system do its thing 🙂

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@-Richie- 

It happens on all PSTN to Digital Voice migrations, the paralell service is so you don't miss important calls, it runs for 5 days to allow customers a chance to connect the Smart Hub 2, if after 5 days the hub isn't connected, the DV service goes live with the port regardless.

Thank you for putting my mind at rest, on my bt account there's probably around 4 orders for migration to DV each one failed, Pmsl.

As you say about the paralell service and it giving customers chance to install the smart hub 2, because mines already connected would it be worth factory reseting it? As on the order tracking pic above the number 1 hub connected it's greyed out? Hence wondering if the reset may be needed.

Regards

Robert 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@lamplite1cwrote:

As you say about the paralell service and it giving customers chance to install the smart hub 2, because mines already connected would it be worth factory reseting it?

There's usually no need to do a factory reset, there's a step by step setup guide at Digital Voice: How do I set up my service? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Number port from hell

Go to solution

Hi all, 

Me again (I can hear the sighs) 

I as you can imagine still am having an issue trying to get my number ported to my digital voice line. 

I've had I believe it was 18 failed orders for various iterations of a DV package to enable me to port my number in to bt.  I believe there was some problems with the assets on my account that the DI team had to rectify.

I had been requesting the port which kept failing due to the asset DI thing, however it turns out that on one of the many failed attemps to port it, it has actually left Gamma and was applied to Openreach on the 14th September.  The problem is that I didn't know it had ported as the old phone had a dial tone (temporary number) and as it didn't port to my (at the time copper line) I was none the wiser.  I had spoken to someone at connections who had a chat with OR who confirmed the number is now there's and it's spare. She was going to renumber the line for me there and then but because of the assets and DI involvement we had to wait, haven't heard from her since 😔.  I've since been advised by a different person that the number has been exported to Gamma and as it's on there version of DV I can't have my number back, surely if this was the case it wouldn't give me a dead line tone? Is there any possibility of any of the mods helping me to try and work out if it will ever be possible to regain my number.  The reason I'm concerned is that as my  previous supplier account is now closed they only kept it open to allow the port to happen and if I leave BT go back to previous it would be the temporary number.🥹🥹🥹

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Re: Number port from hell

Go to solution

Hi @lamplite1c and thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry there's still some confusion around the number port. I'll be happy toi take a look at this for you. Check your inbox for my message and drop me over a reply with the details.

Cheers

David