cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Digital voice query - is automatic incoming call diversion during a power cut possible?

Digital voice query - does BT offer automatic incoming call diversion (e.g. to my mobile phone) when my fibre is down during a power cut?  I know providers other than BT offer this (Voipfone, for example).

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Digital voice query - is automatic incoming call diversion during a power cut possible?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Digital voice query - is automatic incoming call diversion during a power cut possible?

@FlyAgaricwrote:

Digital voice query - does BT offer automatic incoming call diversion (e.g. to my mobile phone) when my fibre is down during a power cut?  I know providers other than BT offer this (Voipfone, for example).

It's not automatic as BT will need to know what number to divert to, but during a fault you can divert incoming landline calls to another number, the same setup was available on PSTN and remains an option with DV

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@-Richie- 

Thanks!  How do you set up a divert during a power cut? Do you use a mobile phone to login to your BT account and tweak some settings?

Ah-ha! It looks like I just log-in to the 'My BT app' on my mobile phone, and change the call diversion settings.

That will work in a power cut. But isn't as convenient as automatic diversion to a mobile number I configure ahead of time.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

You can set up a permanent forward for unanswered calls if that would work for you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@rbz5416      You can set up a permanent forward for unanswered calls if that would work for you

Ah - that might work. I'll try it out. Thanks.

0 Ratings