cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Digital voice

@gg30340  Actually a fault due to power failure is down to BT because BT so far have declined to provide battery back up with hubs.

Had BT provided back up the faults would not occur and as they are trying to downgrade the current provision yes it is their fault. I don't want a downgraded service.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

So a power failure has nothing to do with your electric company!! 

Power failure through the electrical system is not a fault of the telephone system. It is an electrical fault and as a consequence it has impacted on the telephone system and any other electrical device within your property.

Do you blame your fridge manufacturer or other electrical device manufacturers for not providing a BBU. 

You seem to have a very strange idea of what a fault is.

Message 13 of 19

@Bob1001 wrote:

@gg30340  Actually a fault due to power failure is down to BT because BT so far have declined to provide battery back up with hubs.

Had BT provided back up the faults would not occur and as they are trying to downgrade the current provision yes it is their fault. I don't want a downgraded service.

@Bob1001  Give it a rest, your broken record is totally tedious and pointless.

Message 14 of 19

@licquorice  As is your continual defence of BT, they certainly could do more and remember ofcom only set minimum standards. BT seem to use the abreviation ALARP to mean as low as regulations permit.

I will leave you in peace now and concentrate on trying to get Ofcom to improve their standards which is probably the only way to get any change.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

TBH I wish I had the time to waste complaining to a company about a fault when my electric goes off that is completely outwith their control, just seems like an absolute waste of time

Message 16 of 19

I said I would shut up but if believed this quote from "Marc Allera, CEO, Consumer division, BT"  it puts a new dimension on the back up problem.

"The option of longer-lasting battery back-up units for customers who want or need them." so perhaps if BT will not provide them an email or call to Marc might help. He is quite easy to find on google.

Link to full statement

https://newsroom.bt.com/were-pausing-our-digital-voice-plans-for-consumers-while-we-work-on-a-more-r...

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Doesn't say anywhere in this press release or any of the other press releases that were circulating a few weeks ago at the time when BT paused the roll out that the "The option of longer-lasting battery back-up units for customers who want or need them."  will be free so while it may be an option it could be only if you want to buy one.

Anyway I doubt that even this old press release will shut you up so I'll leave you to your quest. 

Message 18 of 19

@gg30340  But even if a purchase there is no clue anywhere how to buy them, I phoned BT who denied any such thing existed.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

@Bob1001 wrote:

@gg30340  But even if a purchase there is no clue anywhere how to buy them, I phoned BT who denied any such thing existed.

If you had read the press release properly you would have seen it is something they are considering for the future, not that it is something that is available from BT now.

I see that I was also correct that it would not shut you up!