cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital voice

Go to solution

Hello. As my name would suggest I am not very au fait with digital voice technology and would be grateful for some assistance (in very simple terms!). I am in the process of renewing my contract for broadband with BT and they have offered me a digital handset (with Alexa) as part of a switch over to Digital Voice technology. I currently have a BT Dect base unit and 3 additional handsets. Can I easily incorporate the new Advanced Digital phone into my existing setup? And if so, how? I don’t want to replace all my handsets.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital voice

Go to solution
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

If you don't have one already BT will supply home hub SH2, which is essential for Digital Voice. Once it's set up you can simply plug your existing DECT base into the back of the SH2 and your existing phone setup should be good to go. If BT supply a DV phone you don't have to use it, though it can be connected by DECT direct to the SH2 and used alongside your exisitng phones if you want.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Works as mentioned above.

The only quark I found was that if you answered the phone using the supplied DV handset, then my original phones (Gigaset/Base) registered it as a missed call. Not a big problem and might not be an issue for other brands.

Also, DV comes with it's own answerphone or "Voice Mail" as BT call it.   If you want to continue using the answerphone on your original hardware, you might find you need to adjust/extend the ring time that "Voice Mail" uses so that your hardware grabs the call first before "Voice Mail" does.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@pottyperson @Thank you for your help. All sounds pretty straightforward. May as well get the free phone and will take it from there.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@juiceof2limes  Thanks for this.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hello

May I ask if you have a fibre connection for  broadband with your Digital Voice phone or is your current BT connection without fibre?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@lucinda1 

DV will work with or without fibre connection just needs internet connection

this has been answered in your own thread

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings