cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Eero 5 BT Hub and Digital Voice!

Thanks so much for your help. The only concern I have is that it states the house has to work on the same powerline, our garage was converted by previous owners - no idea whether that means it operates on the same powerline or not! I find the wifi fine for what we need and sky have sorted upstairs with a sky booster I believe it's just my son's gaming that's the issue!
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

What has the garage to do with it?

Powerline adapters normally work provided you only have a single mains feed to the house, which is normally the case, unless people have a separate annex with its own mains feed.

The XBOX can be connected to one of the Ethernet ports on the PLA, eliminating the wireless connection totally.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

Sorry our main port for the bt hub wifi is in the converted garage which is actually part of the house

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

So for me to understand, the PLA is what I'd be purchasing - one would be connected to the BT hub and I'd simply put another in my son's room connected to the Xbox? Is it likely we'd need another in between to help extend the wifi?
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

That is correct, one plugs into the mains socket near the home hub, and is connected via a short Ethernet cable.

The other end is plugged in next to the Xbox, and another short Ethernet cable goes from that unit, to the LAN port on the Xbox. Wireless is not involved with this connection, but the PLA will transmit wireless, so you may find it covers the rest of the house, without any more units.

The Xbox will work better if its not relying on a wireless connection.

The Euro 5 relies on a wireless connection between the units, and will most likely struggle to work if there is a poor signal in the affected room. They are not the best solution in that case.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

Thanks so much so would this package be suitable in your opinion? I'm sure I'm able to return the eeros anyway as purchased on amazon.

TP-Link TL-PA9020PKIT 2-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit, Data Transfer Speed Up to 2000 Mbps, Ideal for HD Video Streaming and Online Gaming, No Configuration Required, UK Plug

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

Sorry for all the questions so for example if we're using an extension lead at present we'd put the PLA into the main socket and add the extension into the PLA?
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Yes, that would be the correct way to do it.

The item you pointed out, does not transmit wireless as well.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

Thank you and do you know if this is the best version? TP-Link TL-PA9020PKIT
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

This one is cheaper TP-Link TL-PA7017P KIT £37.49

Assuming you do not want extra wireless coverage.

0 Ratings