cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Extension ringing booster on digital voice

Go to solution

I currently use a ringing booster item code 870778 for my extension phones. My question is will it work when my line  is converted to digital voice ?

Thanks in advance. Richard 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Extension ringing booster on digital voice

Go to solution

Hi @Richard670 Thanks for posting, is that an amplifier that increases the ringing volume?

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Neil, no it increases the ringing current to allow up to 8 phones to be rung

Regards Richard 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Richard670 Thanks for getting back to me. Oh I see, Digital Voice will not use your existing extension wiring. The phone socket is on the back of the Hub and we'll provide one free digital voice adapter

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Neil, thanks for replying. So presumably I can plug the ringing booster into the green socket on the hub and  then connect extension phones as normal into the booster?

Regards Richard 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

It should work but how depends on if you're also moved to FTTP. If you are, you can simply disconnect the old incoming copper pair from the master socket & feed the output of the REN booster into it.

If not you'll need to separate your extension wiring from the incoming line & add another BT socket for the REN booster output.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for a quick response. My main house phones are BT 4600 TWIN, But in the outbuildings are 3 normal PST phones. We are unlikely to be going onto FTTP in this area any time soon!

Regards Richard 

0 Ratings