cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 45

Re: Incoming call turns handset display to bt logo then to synchronising handset data

I know I'm right @sues1958 and of course many people only read the manual in full after encountering a problem. Theres only so much stuff that can be on page one of the manual but fortunately for cases where the batteries have been damaged due to overcharging, replacement rechargeable batteries are cheap and easy to replace (the manual covers this as well). Hopefully word will get around and more people will actually read right through the manual when they first get these handsets.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 45

Re: Incoming call turns handset display to bt logo then to synchronising handset data

Of course we’ve all done all of that but to no avail. It’s obvious to me that these handsets are not fit for put and that BT needs to find ones that actually work reliably and replace them for everybody. We too have our old phones plugged into the router but they don’t always work. Luckily we have mobiles. I too have spent hours talking to ‘support’ in Glasgow. Very helpful lady but ultimately useless.

Our BT full fibre broadband is great - why can’t they sort out the land line?

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 45

If it is then it’s a fault with the BT digital phones as we’ve all tried every combination of new batteries. Please can we have a proper solution from BT to this evidently widespread problem ?
0 Ratings
Message 44 of 45

So - must be useless phones?
0 Ratings
Message 45 of 45

As well as good battery management (ie following page 4 of the handset user guide) - which should  ensure the batteries last a long time without failing as described earlier in this thread, periodic rebooting of the hub (with 2 mins powered down) every fortnight and even less frequent rebooting of the handsets will also help. I dont have my Alexa or Essential BT handsets any more but I don't think its too much to  reboot the hub and handsets periodically to stave off any potential problems. The hub and handsets are complex bits of tech and just as its recommended to reboot smart phones and computers periodically, the same applies for these. Too often people only do reboots of equipment when there are problems and by then its too late. Hope that helps for anyone wanting to take on board tips to help avoid such problems entirely.

0 Ratings