cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Land line

Hi,

despite being in contract, BT disconnected my land line, but the BB was working OK - BT state that “it is not my fault” but could not explain why the landline had been disconnected, initially BT wanted me to pay an extra £7/month to reconnect !!!! 

I escalated the problem BT offered financial compensation but  the line still remains inactive - they are calling it a “bridging case” (whatever that means) and say that it will take around 7 working days to reconnect and that they can’t do anything at the moment 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Land line

Have you had any notification of being moved to digital voice?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Often , when a ‘fault’ or ‘delay’ is posted on here , a lot of pertinent information is withheld, wether it’s an oversight or deliberate, so is there any background to this situation, like , have you received any communication about another company or person wanting to take over your line , have you recently been contacted  by BT about being moved DV  , is there any reason at all why there could be changes to your BT service, like have you been in contact with other providers about potentially taking your service to them , even if you never committed to joining them ?.

Its much more likely if your telephony should be working as it always did  ( so still a PSTN line not DV ) that it’s a fault rather than the  consequence of BT arbitrarily raising a cease order for your telephony, apart from anything that wouldn’t leave your broadband working , for your service to end up like it is ,   it would take a series of order ‘errors’ , not just one error , for you to have your BT broadband still working but by design, not having any telephony .

Are  you sure it’s not a simply a fault on the PSTN phone side of the ‘line’ ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I all ready have a digital voice phone (installed last November)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

BT have admitted they are not sure why the problem has happened

they are doing their best to reinstate the line (apparently) 

nothing has changed from my side

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @PP65, sorry your telephone service has been disconnected and you've to wait 7 days for it to be reconnected. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll see if we can do anything to help speed this up for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings