cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 31

Re: Landline Number Changed without consent 24 hours ago Vunerable/Disabilty customer needs old numb

Go to solution

From Ofcom database.

1736 78 Allocated BT 4+6 15/07/1994  

As you may appreciate, this is just a customer to customer forum, but I have asked a moderator to post here. They are the only BT Employees on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 31

Re: Landline Number Changed without consent 24 hours ago Vunerable/Disabilty customer needs old numb

Go to solution

Thank you

My full number was 01736 788***

What does that ofcom database info mean for me getting my above number I had for decades up until 9 days ago?

How can i run my full number through it

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 31

Go to solution

@Imurray 

Please edit out your full number, as this is a public forum, and not allowed here.

There is no need for your full number, as the database only used those six digits.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/information-for-industry/numbering/numbering-d...

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 31

Go to solution

Thank you for all your patient help, I have re-hidden the full number as requested.

Does all this mean that my decades old Number I had until 8 days ago is indeed a BT number all along and getting it back should be no problem, as BT only gave me my new number last Saturday 20th Oct.

They have emailed me with an order number for it 8 days ago but this order has not been fulfilled even though I was told 2 to 5 days normally

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 31

Go to solution

Hi, @Imurray I'm sorry there have been problems with your number after transferring to BT, I can appreciate the worry this must be causing you. 

Renumber orders generally don't complete at the weekend, are there any open orders if you log in to MyBT?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 31

Go to solution

Thank you Neil

But I am very worried my local care providers/NHS/DWP etc cannot contact me.

National Power/Grid and South West Water also have my old number as they consider me a vulnerable customer.

I was told last Saturday that it usually takes 2 to 5 days to get my old number back and to call them again if it has not happened within 5 days.

It is now day 8 and still no old number I lost 8 days ago back.

Please can you help

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 31

Go to solution

This is the email they sent me confirming the order for my decades old number I lost earlier that day 20th Oct 2023

Hello Ian,

Thanks for your order, here's what you're getting:

Phone renumber

Your new number will be: 01736788**7

When it'll change: up to 10 days.

There's no charge for changing this number.

Your Digital Voice service might stop working for a few minutes while we switch it over.

Directory entry

We've changed your phone number listing to ex-directory, so you won't get any unwanted calls.

Thanks,
BT Customer Support
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 31

Go to solution

Hi @Imurray there are still a few days to go but I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details. There are timescales that can't be fast-tracked or brought forward when porting a number or service from another provider due to regulatory rules but we'll be happy to check on the order progress.

Thanks

Neil

Message 29 of 31

Go to solution

Thank You Keith so much for your patient and prompt help, and everyone else who has been involved in sorting out my renumber difficulty, it very much appreciated

My old phone number I lost on 20th October has just returned about 10 minutes ago this morning

The support this community site provides is invaluable

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 31

Go to solution

Excellent news 🙂

I am just a customer trying to help, where I can. Its the moderators that do all the hard work.

0 Ratings