cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

No Link to the Hub

Go to solution

My digital voice has been running perfectly for two years on fibre to the premises.  For some reason, BT send me a new Router, and I installed it yesterday.  It looks exactly like the previous one, and so I plugged everything in the same way.  Broadband immediately came up and running on all devices, so I sent the old router back.  But I hadn't tested the phone!

The only phone connected is the one plugged into the router.  My 3 extensions all say No link to the Hub

I have tried the WPS button.  I have accessed 192.168.1.254 and run Registration, as suggested on another post.

Nothing has worked! 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: No Link to the Hub

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
@Hec99
Sadly that makes perfect sense ... I guessing that your DV handsets are registered to the hub that you have sent back. The fix should be simple - on each handset, Menu > Settings > Registration and Deregister the handset. And then, with luck, you'll be able to register all over again but to the new hub.
Guesswork posted with my fingers crossed ... 🙂
Philip
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
Brilliant! Thank you very much.

But why is this not in BT Help?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
I tried to mark as accepted solution and got
Request Entity Too Large
The requested resource
/t5/forums/v4/forumtopicpage.markmessageasacceptedsolutionsecondarybutton/message-uid/2235491
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@Hec99 

I'm getting the same sort of nonsense in Chrome this afternoon. Switched to Firefox and it's working much better. Either way, as long as it's sorted ... that's the main thing!

Philip
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks again!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Yes this action did work but I lost all my contacts!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@polypody 

Contacts are stored in the SH2 so if it's changed, contacts will be lost unless backed up to a computer first.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

May thanks, but what does SH2 mean?

0 Ratings