cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

No business phone line after switch from Plusnet

Go to solution

Please can anyone help us.  We had to switch our business line from Plusnet to BT as Plusnet no longer do business lines.

Our Broadband switched without a problem.  Our phone line was supposed to switch on the 18th September and we have had no business phone line since.  We are a garage and MOT testing centre that has been trading nearly 30 years, the telephone is a vital part of our business, we do not do online bookings.

No one at BT seems to be able to help us, we have spoken to numerous people who all tell us that our account got lost in the cloud and the order needs to be cancelled and rebooked and this will take 2 working days, we are now into week 4 without a phone line and everyone we speak to tells us the same story.

When we ask to speak to a Manager we are told we cannot and we have been told numerous times that someone will call us back and they do not.

Every time we call we hold for at least 25 minutes, then have to relate the whole story of what has happened and we are assured the issue will be resolved within 2 working days.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can get this resolved.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: No business phone line after switch from Plusnet

Go to solution

@Helene1 

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Might be better to call the appropriate number for support for a speedier solution.

Contacting BT Business 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@Carlusha 

@Helene1  has posted on the Business Forum.

https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Phone-line/No-BT-Business-phone-line/m-p/89971

Part of the problem is that BT Business use Cloud Voice for their connectivity, in conjunction with Yealink IP phones.

Businesses who moved from Plusnet, would have an old analogue phone connection over copper, which does not exist anymore, so their main phones are not going to work anymore, and they may not be aware of that. Its not the same as the residential DV service which has a phone socket on the home hub.

Its likely to be a major headache for most businesses.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Well it is shame BT do not pre-empt this and then businesses would not be without a phone line for 24 days and counting.  If you know this then why don't they.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@Helene1 

At least you have received an offer of help by a BT employee on the Business Forum. I assume you must already have been provided with the Yealink IP phones, and its just a configuration issue on the Cloud server?

They are probably not going to be as convenient as a wired phone which you may have been using before, as at least the residential hub has a phone socket on it.

A lot of businesses are going to be in for a surprise when they renew their contract, as no analogue phone connections are possible anymore.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I have called every number there is to get help and every time I get transferred to an agent in India, who tells me the same thing, that it is being looked at and actioned and that it will be another 48 hours and then it will work.

Still not working.  Do you have a number that I can call, one that is not listed anywhere but that someone on the end may actually know how to resolve this issue?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, @Helene1 I'm sorry we are unable to help business customers in this community as it's for residential customers only. Did you message AdamC back over on the BT Business community? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings