cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Open order for digital voice.

My contract with BT ends in December. I phoned in to tell them I would not be continuing with BT and to give my 30 days notice as required. The CS rep told me that my account couldn't be closed because of an open order on it. 

The order is for digital voice , which I didn't request, and didn't place an order for. I have , however, connected my phone to my router as required and can make and receive calls. 

My question is when will this open order be closed and why should I be unable to close my account when my contract expires in December because of an open order I didn't request?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Open order for digital voice.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@MG_57 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

I assume you are not moving to another provider that uses the Openreach network?

The move to Digital Voice would have been automatic, as part of the migration process. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The order will likely be raised , actioned and closed in a day or two .

When  exactly in December does your minimum term expire , obviously if it were , for example , the 9th December, and you called exactly 30 days before and we’re unable to give your notice and it takes until 11th November before your notice to quit is processed , then arguably you have been delayed by a day or two , if your minimum term expires after the 10 or 11 of  December then chances are the DV order will not stop you serving notice , but as stated , unless you are going to use a non Openreach based provider or no ‘landline’ type broadband at all , then you don’t give 30 days notice anyway ….if you are disadvantaged by paying one or two days rental more than absolutely necessary ( a few ££ but you would have service for these days ) you can always query the final bill 

0 Ratings