cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Phone diverts to voicemail after 1 ring

Go to solution

Home phone diverts to voicemail after 1 ring have changed settings to 15 rings does not help turned on call waiting option still continues to divert

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Phone diverts to voicemail after 1 ring

Go to solution

Have turned off the Alexa handset and has solved problem but now cannot use Alexa handset

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Although this creates another issue as can no longer use Alexa phone 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

have you tried going to hub manager then selecting phone number then reset base?  you will have to re-pair the alexa phone -any contacts enter will probably be lost so you could export them and import after reset

you could also reset the DV phone and hopefully that will clear the problem

did you check you had no voicemail message waiting?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Have you checked that BT voicemail 1571 is not set to cut in immediately, as this would override any supplementary setting on your home phone? You can use MyBT to increase the number of 1571 rings.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Done all these things turning off the Alexa phone solved issue but have not reconnected Alexa phone
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

did you actually reset the DV Alexa phone from the phone menu/phone settings/reset?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Did this and problem solved now reconnected the Alexa phone and working fine

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @asg,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread. 

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Just wanted to add an additional comment to this thread. I had the exact same problem with my BT Digital Voice setup. In my case I have 4 phones - all Digital Voice, but not the Alexa version. I tried all the usual fixes, including re-registrating the phones and re-setting my BT Hub all to no avail. I then spotted that one of the phones had dead batteries. i.e they were no longer re-charging. I replaced the batteries in that phone now everything works again. I find it a bit strange that one phone in the setup not working causes this malfunction, but in my case it clearly did! Might help someone in the future possibly.