cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Rotary Dial on Digital Voice

I moved to this address a year ago. I brought a rotary dial phone with me but it doesn't seem to work when I plug it in. It worked fine for years at my previous (TalkTalk) address. I'm aware of its digital menu limitation & that it can't be used for "Press 1 for xxxx", I just want to to use it to take & make some calls. I have Digital Voice.

Can you tell me what I have to do to make it work please.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Rotary Dial on Digital Voice

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Loop disconnect dialling won't work on Digital Voice. You either need to buy a loop disconnect to tone converter device or give up with the rotary dial phone.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the info, I've located a pulse to tone converter on the wonderful world of Ebay which seems to be the ticket.

Not prepared to give up on the rotary phone I'm afraid(!)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@SA_Kelv wrote:

Not prepared to give up on the rotary phone I'm afraid(!)

I assume you have a tone phone as well otherwise it must make calling many places interesting without being able to select an appropriate option. Although when you get the converter, I guess you will be able to use the dial to select options. 😁

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Yes I've got a tone phone for the sheer thrill of all those endless menuing options for when my call's really important to them (...)

But I like to keep things from the 50s/60s running, like old radios & old phones like this.

Maybe it's me 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Do your old radios still get The Navy Lark and The Clitheroe Kid? 😂😂

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

They certainly do - Jimmy Clitheroe featuring Alfie, his sister's daft boyfriend with his Vespa & his speech impediment.

Mostly I play back MP3s through them of Johnny Morris's travel shows & the wonderful Round The Horne, the unparalleled genius of Kenneth Williams, Hugh Paddick & co. All rather sad I suppose.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Wonderful 😃😃😃

0 Ratings