cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Track your fault not working

The BT account is in my partner's name.  I reported a landline fault (no dialtone) by mobile phone.  I received a text message and my partner got an email acknowledging the fault, also  confirmation of an open from staff at 0800800151. But the account says there is no fault. Is the fault actually going to get attention from Openreach?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Track your fault not working

Hi @Dave396, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry that you've a fault with your service and can't track it online. Have you had any update since you posted? 
If not then it's best to call our faults team on 0800 800 151 and they'll update you on what's happening.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

GThank you for your interest.

We got an email asking us to book an engneer's visit, but as we could not do so on the app (as it still does not accept that there is a fault) I had to chat online with Technical Help to get confirmation of the existence of the fault and to make the appointment for Tuesday morning. Phoning 0800800151 did not get me through to a person, but only to the robot. 

The last time we had a fault was during the lockdown March - June 2020. There were numerous engineers' visits, usually by people who were unbriefed about the previous engineeer's visit (because he had made no notes) and said they were not trained to climb poles/do digging, etc.  Finally a complaint got someone knowledgeable who detected the underground location of the fault, repaired it and installed a capping steel at the foot of the pole. So we are settling in for the possibility of another frustrating experience.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Dave396, thanks for posting back and hopefully the engineer on Tuesday will fix things for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings