cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Unable to order DV phone after receiving email to do so

Hi all,

I just had my email saying i was moving to DV in 30 days.

Firstly the email says 'We've tried to contact you recently to let you know your home phone service is switching to Digital Voice.'  Well I have no missed calls on either landline or mobile.

Secondly, I tried the link to order a phone which it says 'If you haven't ordered a free Digital Voice handset or adaptor, please order your equipment as soon as possible' buy when I put my number in it says 'The number entered is not eligible for this offer. ' So I tried the text method, no reply so I called. I was told I couldn't have the free phone as I'm not on DV which I explained I had received the new SH2 and this email and I was told 'I could move you DV but it would renew your contract' 

So any ideas what is going on, anyone else had this issue?

Any help appreciated. 

Richard

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to order DV phone after receiving email to do so

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Try phoning CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile and order your phone or adapter.   Normally. BT supplied the phone just before DV was activated but from other posts you now appear to need to request.  Do you currently have a SH2 router?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi, thank you for your reply. As I said above:

So I tried the text method, no reply so I called. I was told I couldn't have the free phone as I'm not on DV which I explained I had received the new SH2 and this email and I was told 'I could move you DV but it would renew your contract' 

So I have no idea what is going on, I'm definitely not having my contract renewed when I'm 'moving to DV in 30 days' anyway.

Just seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Then just wait until DV is activated on your line and then you should be able to order a phone or adapter.  Once activated you can connect your existing phone to the phone socket on back of SH2 and use that 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings