cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Using DV phone in outhouse

Hi experts! I have digital voice service (after several weeks of delay) but want to use a handset in an outbuilding - at present I’m not able to do that, presumably because I’m too far from the hub. I had thought digital voice used WiFi but that can’t be the case as I have a strong signal over there. So they must be DECT. Question is: how can I set myself up to be able to use the DV handset in the outbuilding where my study is?? All thoughts welcome 

Peter

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Using DV phone in outhouse

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

In a nutshell, you can't if the outhouse is out of DECT range of the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

If you have a mobile phone you could divert your DV phone calls to your mobile while you are in your study. Call Divert is free with DV.

help/landline/all-about-call-diversion-for-digital-voice

Message 5 of 7

I had some sort of range extender once when using a dect phone on our analog line. Is this no longer an option? I guess that linked to the base rather than the hub which must make a difference!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

DECT range extenders for whatever reason, appear not to work with the BT hub DECT base station.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

if you cannot use the dect DV phone have a read at this post which gives a different solution using existing phone wiring

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Correct-way-to-enable-all-BT-sockets-after-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.