cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT arbitrarily close complaint with no fault fix

Go to solution

@ATTisBetter 

There is no point in contacting BT and waiting on phone as you have posted on the forum and have been contacted by the forum mods who are now going to help you get connection sorted.  You now just need to wait for more getting back to you as your email is now in a queue and mods will respond when your email reaches top of queue.  As everyone thinks their problem is a priority the mods reply to each email in order they are received to ensure that everyone is treated equally

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks Sage. My 'complaint-closed' query is separate to the earlier query, as I subsequently received an email from BT around 17:30 saying they had closed the case, even though nobody has been in touch from BT (not from the forum).  My question was and still is how can BT close a case when the fault is still open and without any customer engagement? I gratefully await assistance from the moderator(s) to potentially fix the two week old fault in parallel, (even if BT Help has closed the original case and opened a new one with today's date).

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

@ATTisBetterwrote:

My question was and still is how can BT close a case when the fault is still open and without any customer engagement?

BT can close a complaint if they've made 3 unsucessful contact attempts on 3 different days, is your mobile contact number updated with them ? if not and your landline is broken, BT can't get in touch.

A complaint can also be reopened within 28 days of the previous closing, it happens.

Wait for the mod team to get in touch, they have a fantastic track record in resolving things 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks Richie.  In the last 5 days I’ve received multiple calls from many people except BT - there is no problem with my mobile.  When I do call them (every day now) - they use my mobile to send an SMS for security - definitely no issue with the registered number.  I am quietly confident that the mod team can break through the logjam.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

from angel4   I had this problem  when resolving line problem for my mother, numerous staff fixing problem, and nobody did.  If you have been contacted by a moderator follow their advice, I was advised not to contact helpline number it tends to confuse issue , hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

@ Angel4 Thanks for taking time to respond. For sure the 0800 people seem to be in ‘no man’s land’, trapped between Openreach and the end customer with only incorrect online information to pass on, which invariably changes whilst no real ‘field’ work actually occurs. Poor staff are high and dry. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @ATTisBetter ,

Thanks for speaking with me. I'm glad this is all sorted, sorry it's taken so long for something so simple. Please get in touch if you have any other issues.

Cheers

David

Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

Big thanks to the Community - and to the Openreach engineer who arrived this morning and knew what he was doing - fault all fixed - telephony and broadband now operating normally after 16 days out.  Broadband is now more important than oxygen 😉  It was a simple copper-pair disconnection at the top of the telegraph pole; (contrary to the multiple other theories espoused by the 0800 people).  Bravissimo !

0 Ratings