cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Website Feedback

I had queires about setting up texting on a BT Landline using a BT phone. The online phone manual didn't give me enough info to setup texting and linked me to a terms and conditions page which didn't help with determining the cost. So wanted to know how to set it up, and how much it was going to cost, and if it was included in my package. After spending about 15 minutes on the website I could notfind the answers to any of these questions. so I then spoke to a lovely lady on the help line who gave me all the info I needed.

When the call ended I asked the lady why the information about setup was not on the website, and she told me it all was and that if I'd searched for "BT Text" I would have found it.

So I couldnt see a search facility within the BT website... perhaps I'm stupid, but a google search did indeed bring up the https://www.bt.com/help/landline/set-up-and-use-bt-text page. However there is no link to this page from the https://www.bt.com/help/landline page which is one higher in the hierarchy, which is why I couldnt find it.

So I would have loved to be able to send a quick email to the website team to advise them to add in a link, but there is no facility for this so I am here.

So:
1. Why dont bt have a feedback mechanism on every page so anyone can simply report problems - anonymously if needs be? (I know some pages have a "was this clear - yes No" feedback - but that's normally useless because it limits you to a narrow set of reasons)
2. Why doesn't the site have a search facility?
3. Why isn't it easy to see the costs of everything - looking at my landline product information, texting is not mentioned and indeed no costs are mentioned here? I'll only find out how much a text costs when i send one.

OK... What would have taken about 5 minutes if the link was on the correct page, has now wasted me an hour - and a helpdesk lady 5 minutes.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Website Feedback

Oh, and after posting this I got a feedback questionairre form to fill in. It was useless because it's not expecting anyone to be using the community to give info, only to get info. "We value your feedback" is a bit of a lie.. looking at this forum (suspiciously) lots and lots of people want to complement bt staff, but no complements form is provided on the website... enough said.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @bristus welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry you found it difficult to find the information you needed about the BT Text service. I will feedback your comments to the BT.com team.

There is a search facility on all the help pages on the BT.com website. I've highlighted it in the image below. 

Capture.PNG

The call charges for BT text are also listed on the following help page

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/all-about-bt-text-

I hope that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi NeilO, Yes that would have helped.... So why is there no link to the page you suggested from the landline help page above it?  The landline help page does not mention texting at all.  Why did BT create these useful pages about texts under the landline help page, and then not provide links to them?  

I'll try and remember (in the future) to use google to find answers to questions about BT rather use the BT site itself. 

I'll also try and remember to avoid trying to be "useful" and reporting bugs/awful website design.

0 Ratings