Message 1 of 7

Welfare Team

My elderly mother's contract with a new provider was accidentally cancelled by her previous supplier.  I sher up with BT as I had been advised that they would be able to switch her phone quickly, however, at the end of the discussion I was informed that her service would not commence until January 22 which I estimate will leave her without a phone service for 7 days.  My mother is 92,  partially sighted and hard of hearing.  Her medical alarm is dependent on the phone service. Could her phone serice could be activated sooner?  The broadband is not an issue but this is a potentially serious situation if she is without a phone for that period of time.  Thank you

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Welfare Team

@Les37 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150 and explain its a welfare issue.

The date you have been given is likely to be the first date that Openreach can provide the connection.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@Les37 

Another think to be aware of is that normal phone lines can no longer be provided, and all new connections would use BT Digital Voice, where the phone/medical alarm would plug into the back of the supplied BT Smart Hub 2. 

You need to check with the alarm provider to make sure their system is compatible with BT Digital Voice. They may need to supply an upgraded system.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@Les37 

if your mother's phen and broadband have been cancelled then there may well be a problem retaining her phone number - the switch to digital voice just further complicates the move

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Les37 and welcome.

Your best bet would be to contact the customer service guys on the number posted by @Keith_Beddoe . They'll be able to advise on what service has been ordered and if the activation date can be brought forward.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Many thanks for you responses.  It is one big mess.  I have contacted Sky who are raising a Confict Resolutio with BT/Open Reach, however, it appears that my mother will lose her phone line which is not good.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Les37 

What has Sky got to do with it?

0 Ratings