cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

digital voice without using wifi

Go to solution

I have a client who is affected by modem wifi signals so it is switched off at the modem and they rely on ethernet to laptop & tablet via an adapter or via Powerline Homeplugs through the house mains. When BT switch off their copper landline phone service, is there product to allow connection of several cabled handsets over ethernet or similar

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: digital voice without using wifi

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

@GerryBall23 

If they are a BT Business Customer, then VOIP phones are supplied, which connect to an Ethernet port and communicate via the Cloud.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks, it isn't clear if the article infers that the old phone sockets can be reused by a wiring change & then broadcasting  from the hub to the phone circuit

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

@GerryBall23 

Existing extension wiring can be moved from the master socket, to the phone socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Its perfectly clear.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

If you are charging your client for IT advice, your level of knowledge is woefully lacking.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks but I am a Windows techie not a BT voice wiring expert. Please be a little more forbearing to newbies and no I am not  them charging for my research & advice

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

By “handsets” I assume you mean phones?

It just requires the extension wiring moving from the phone socket on the wall to the socket on the back of the smart hub 2.  You may have to fit a BT 431a plug to the extension wiring so you can plug it in.  This site might help.

https://telephonesuk.org.uk/wiring-info/

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

@WSH 

that only works if you have FTTP not FTTC . if FTTC the line is still in use for broadband so requires extension wiring removed from master and connected to new simple phone socket then connect hub socket to new socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings