cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

landline cannot receive mobile calls, can dial out both mobile and landline, can receive landline

Go to solution

The landline belongs to an 89yr old, we switched on 3/8 from Sky to BT for landline and basic broadband. Since then we have had six engineers at the property, countless calls and a welfare case and complaint have been opened.  There is also a Lifeline device installed at the property.  We managed to get the Lifeline and broadband up and running after a week, also the landline can make and calls to other landlines and mobiles.  It can also receive calls from other landlines.  What is cannot do is receive calls from mobiles.    We are in despair over this as BT don't know what is causing the problem. They've referred it to the Back End Tech Team, checked all the cables and renewed stuff in the exchange and cabinet. Some say it's a software issue and we've had that many calls and webchats with tech talk we are more confused than ever as it's not something we can fix or do anything about ourselves.  I'm disappointed today as yet another call was booked between 8 and 10 this morning which failed to materialise after I booked another two hours off work to speak to them, I had a blank text at 8.11 am and then another text at 9.33 to say BT would call back as arranged on the 24th ! I can't express how much trouble this has caused, we've missed a much needed break away too as we can't phone in from our mobiles.  BT just don't seem to understand that a lot of people use their mobiles and do not have an active landline.  Plus we need to be able to phone our elderly parent from wherever we are when out and about.  Please, is there anyone out there who might know what is causing this problem ?  Thank you.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: landline cannot receive mobile calls, can dial out both mobile and landline, can receive landli

Go to solution

Hi @SusanThomas, welcome to the forum and I'm sorry that this fault is taking so long to resolve.

It sounds like there has been a problem with the number port when the telephone service moved over to us. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

Message 3 of 6

Re: landline cannot receive mobile calls, can dial out both mobile and landline, can receive landli

Go to solution

Hi @SusanThomas

Thank you for sending over your details and for taking the time to chat with me this morning.

I am sorry for the problems you're having receiving mobile calls on your landline.  I can totally understand the disappointment.  I'll work on this for you today and I'll have an update for you later.

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @SusanThomas

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me again this morning and over the last few days.

The telephone number has now been re-ported over and I am pleased that you're able to receive all calls now.  Everything we chatted about this morning has been sorted out too.

I'll go ahead and close this as agreed but if you need a hand in future you know where we are.

All the best,

Robbie

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you so much... I only wish I had know this forum existed three weeks ago ! The porting problem was so quickly sorted out once you guys got involved and it seems such a waste of everyone's time and money that it took six engineers visits and countless update calls when it was a porting issue and nothing to do with the landline itself.   I think it's worth an email from us to BT setting out the details and chain of events that led up to your solving of the problem... looking back at all the notes it looks like this was continually reported as a landline fault instead of, perhaps, a software or porting issue so as each engineer signed off the fault as not fixed (which to be fair each did say it was not a line problem) it kept going back as the same fault under the same fault number thereby generating another engineer's visit instead of being reported as a new issue with the porting... sorry for the ramble..   thank you once again for whatever you did to finally solve this and so quickly after it was brought to your attention.  Elderly parent and daughter very relieved.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you Robbie and JohnC2