cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

"Invalid number" displayed when others try to phone me

Go to solution

When my daughter tries to phone our landline (recently converted to Digital Voice) her mobile phone (on GiffGaff) wont connect, just shows "Invalid Number" when dialled manually (full area code included) or from her contacts list where the full number is correct; nothing happens at our end either.  If I use my own mobile to phone our landline it works perfectly, so does my wife's mobile (we are both on BT mobile). 

Any fixes for this?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: "Invalid number" displayed when others try to phone me

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

The same is happening to me. Did you find a solution? I've spent an hour on the phone to BT but it's currently not resolved

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

No, still no solution.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @vince31, sorry you're not receiving all your calls since moving to digital voice. Have you contacted our faults team to report this fault?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @vince31 and @annacornwall .

Thanks for posting. have you both reported a fault for this?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

I'm also having the same problem of people not being able to call me. 

I think BT have not set up digital calls with a lot of networks not being able to connect to us. When I spoke to them they said there were no problems on my line, though I think they must be aware of the problem. I will be calling BT to ask when they are going to resolve this problem and take me off digital until they do.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

@vince31wrote:

When my daughter tries to phone our landline (recently converted to Digital Voice) her mobile phone (on GiffGaff) wont connect, just shows "Invalid Number" when dialled manually (full area code included) or from her contacts list where the full number is correct; nothing happens at our end either.  If I use my own mobile to phone our landline it works perfectly, so does my wife's mobile (we are both on BT mobile). 

Any fixes for this?

Sounds like a porting issues, which is why external networks (GiffGaff) can't connect but internal networks (BT/EE or Plusnet) can contact you.
If it was broke it would be broke for all.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Yes it was reported as a fault and it took about two weeks resolve this with endless phone calls and online chats. The solution in the end was to change my number.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

@DavidM I've reported the fault to BT FTTP/DV team and they are puzzled by it, the guy on the phone tried to phone our landline and got the Invalid Number message too, but then the phone works fine for incoming calls from BT mobiles. My son in America cant phone us on our Landline and neither can my brother in New Zealand.  The team are sending out an engineer tomorrow to check all the connections and settings but from their tests so far at the BT end he has little confidence its an issue at my end, but we'll see what happens when the engineer gets here.  When I mentioned my landline number is just over 20 yrs old he said that was a very old number and that could actually be the cause of the problem.  Lets see what the engineer finds tomorrow first.