cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

BT Premium Whole Home vs Toob

Go to solution

Hi all,

Having recently moved property and changed from Virgin broadband to Toob it does not appear to support my BT Premium Whole Home wifi extender discs (they worked pretty well with the Virgin kit). Have tried everything simple - lots of re-starts, factory resets (router and BT kit) and even had a new set of discs sent out. 

- The first BT disc intermittently connects and you can connect to it to use the wifi - so far so good(ish) BUT

- The app won't connect to it at all and I can't connect to it using bt.whole.home (or the direct IP address allocated to it from the Toob router). I am therefore unable to update the firmware on the disc(s) or add other discs

- Secondary discs won't connect manually using the non-app method and even if they did the main disc will lose internet regularly so wouldn't be much use

- Most bizarrely, when the BT disc is connected it also disrupts the Toob router and causes loss of internet to even the ethernet connections hard-wired to the Toob router!

Has anybody got any experience of the discs working with Toob or any suggestions? (nothing obvious looking to do in the Toob router settings).

Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: BT Premium Whole Home vs Toob

Go to solution

have you tried toobs customer support as you are more likely to get help there

https://www.toob.co.uk/support/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution
Thanks - yes I have and they suggested talking to BT support (I have talked to both). Think I'll just invest in some alternative tech but probably worth anyone thinking about using the BT kit with Toob knowing that it is NOT COMPATIBLE.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

I really can't see how it is not compatible, it is completely agnostic to whatever it is connected to.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

I have recently moved to Toob and have the same issue, what tech did you buy to resolve your issue?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

Hi, @SrawBy welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with your BT Premium Whole home wifi discs. 

I'd recommend getting in touch with the Whole home wifi helpdesk on: 0808 100 6116  Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm

By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

Ok I’ll call tomorrow and report back on here what the outcome is.

Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks very much @Sraw27.

It'll be good to see how you got on.

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

Spoke to BT and they also couldn’t help.  They couldn’t understand why it wouldn’t work, so exactly the same as what TOOB said.  There has to be a reason why this is happening.

I still have my virgin internet connected and I have reset the discs up to that straight away.

can anyone else help or give any technical advice on why I’m having this issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

Try setting the discs up with the 2.4Ghz Wifi turned off on the Toob router, or actually completely turn off Wifi on the router.

0 Ratings