cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Bt broadband unreliability

I've had an absolutely terrible time tonight trying to connect to my WiFi box and yet, each time the light on the box has turned blue it's immediately turned back to a solid orange colour. Not to mention, whenever the WiFi has been working, it has been faulty at best. Unfortunately I can't rectify the problem as I am being forced to pay money in order to get any sort of help from the  helpline. I'm immensely disappointed and would really appreciate some guidance on the matter. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bt broadband unreliability

What have you tried to rectify the problem?

Unless you have DV have you checked for dial tone?  Have you checked for poor connection to master socket?

If you report a broadband fault you will only be charged for call out if problem is found to be with your setup in your home or damage to equipment in your home otherwise visit is free.  You will however be advised of potential charge 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Have you actually reported the fault to customer services 0330 1234 150?

No idea what you mean by having to pay to get help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

When being guided to text bt for assistance and texting them with the word FAULT, I have been given the notification that I will be charged in order to send said message. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

And yes, I have attempted to, however, I was directed to hang up and text FAULT to the number that was provided

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

That’s usually just your handset warning you it may be chargeable as it’s a short number. You can use the BT fault service for free.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @MDGY,

How has your connection been performing this morning?

If you're still experiencing problems go to our Online Troubleshooter if you haven't already text us.

Let me know how you get on and if you need our help.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings