cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

DDNS Setup on BT router version 6

Go to solution

Hi,

My BT version 6 router was replaced by BT yesterday and I was unable to save the settings from my old router (because it was not working properly!). I've managed to get most devices working OK but I'm struggling with the DDNS setup. Can anyone point me to the help information as my settings are not working - as changes in IP address are not getting through to my DDNS account with Changeip.com even though I think I've set things up correctly.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: DDNS Setup on BT router version 6

Go to solution

Hi @billor, sorry you're having trouble with the DDNS on the Smart Hub 2. I've had a look around and a Factory Reset of the Hub worked on this thread.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

John,

Thanks for your reply

So, before I do a reset and start all over again, what is being said is that the likely cause of my problem is some setting that has been messed up. Is that right?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Well, I followed the suggestion to reset tghe router to it's factory default settings (by using the reset button) - and IT WORKED!!
I don't understand why because I know I didn't make any errors in the DNS set up - but it doesn't matter because it seems to be working now!