cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Disc connection

Go to solution

Hi I have a smart hub and have borrowed a couple of the black discs to extend my poor Wi-Fi but they won’t connect I even have cables to my garage and front room from my router but they just turn solid red any ideas 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Disc connection

Go to solution

Hi, @mikeyp1309 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I presume it's the complete wifi disc's that you have? What model of Home Hub are you trying to connect them to? 

This complete wifi set up guide will show you the steps you need to follow. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I believe it’s a smart hub 2 I haven’t paid for complete Wi-Fi I just assumed the black discs would work especially as they are hardwired 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @mikeyp1309 you don't need a subscription, the discs will work with a Smart Hub 2 but won't work with older type Hubs so that's why I asked.

Have you followed the set-up video that's in the link I posted? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I will give it a try 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@mikeyp1309 let me know how you get on and make sure your Hub looks like the one in the video. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I think it’s my hub mine is slightly different it has a solid bit through the middle I had it replaced and was lead to believe it’s a smart hub obviously it’s not a smart hub 2

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @mikeyp1309 thanks for getting back to me, yeah that's a Smart Hub and not a Smart Hub 2 so the discs unfortunately won't work with it. If you take out a Complete wifi subscription a Smart Hub 2 is provided along with a disc.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings