cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: Fibre to the premises 800Mps all devices connect to BT hub but not all devices get broadband

System preferences - network - ethernet - configure using pppoe

BUT FIRST

Have you disabled smart set up on the hub?

This is an easy first step. Remember the ONT simply gives a data feed to the hub - the access to all your devices is controlled thereafter by the hub.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Re: Fibre to the premises 800Mps all devices connect to BT hub but not all devices get broadband

I did turn off smart setup on my Hub 2, I did not get broadband back on  an Apple  ipad and I lost connection to Amazon  firestick. I then switched smart setup back on and connection to firestick returned but ipad still does not connect.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Okay. Keep smart set off.

In the hub manager there is a setting for wifi mode. Select mode 2.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Click on this link , look for " Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode Status" towards the bottom of the list and make sure it is ON

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Hi FTTP in Hub Manager is on.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Hi I have switched wireless to mode 2 with smart setup off. problem  is still there.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

Where do I find the ISP name and password to set up pppoe, is it same as HUB 2 ?

I am able to turn off smart setup thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

I would eliminate the possibility of a Ethernet cable or Wiring fault. Disconnect all wired devices and check wireless devices function correctly. If they are then systematically replace each wired device. If one device brings the issue back, then check that the device does not have a static IP address that conflicts with another device. Also replace the cable to that device. Then check that you do not have a cable looping back from a switch to the router. If this is beyond your expertise level, then speak to a local computer shop/installer. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

@Thomas67 

Username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Password: bt

The password can be anything e.g. bt (if it forces you to enter something) or null 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Thanks I set up pppoe as suggested and the windows laptop which is running windows 7 shows unidentified network No Internet Access when connected to Open Reach modem with cat6 network cable.

it shows it as an active public network with wired local area connection  and no internet access.

what have I done wrong?

0 Ratings