cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Netgear Orbi Mesh + SmartHub

I just recently ordered a Netgear Orbi: 

Few questions:

1) can I connect this direct to my open reach?

2) if no, should I connect to smart hub and disable wifi?

3) if question 2 isn’t advised (basically get rid of smart hub) what should I do and what do I need to purchase? Recommendations welcome.

thank you!

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Netgear Orbi Mesh + SmartHub

if you have FTTP and ONT then you can connect ONT to WAN on Orbi

the username is bthomehub@btbroadband.com  

and password can be anything

you also need to delete the amazon link as not permitted on forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

@imjolly thanks, how do I know if I have fttp and ont?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

do you have hub connected to small openreach modem or is the hub connected to your phone socket

what BT package do you have? 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Full fibre 500. Here’s the box if it helps @imjolly 

8F31A3DC-7932-4ADB-B2F4-5F4FB2C5A2D5.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

FTTP  so you could connect the red ethernet cable to the WAN socket on Orbi and use the username I posted earlier and miss out the hub.   However if you have Digital Voice and use your landline then you need to use the SH2 as first connection to the ONT (as in your picture)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

Legend. Thank you 🙏 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

@imjolly Sorry one more question, do I still need to turn Wi-fi off on BT smart hub anywhere or is that void if going straight to Orbi?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

If you are connecting the Orbi direct with red ethernet to the ONT then no need to connect the hub at all - assuming you don't have digital voice

Message 10 of 21

Hey @imjolly im getting this error message. Any recommendations on how to fix?

D409970C-D9A0-4B6C-9293-35FEF149F59D.jpeg

0 Ratings