cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Openreach Modem

Just visited my new build it has a openreach Modem box on the wall,how do you set up the internet meaning do it have to plug my BT router in or is it just a case of ringing BT and giving them the serial number on the front of the openreach Modem when I move in.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Openreach Modem

are you currently a BT Retail customer for Broadband?  if so you just connect hub to ONT and then phone BT.  are you using BT home move if existing customer?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 10

Hello 

Thanks for the reply much appreciated,I'm currently a BT retail customer and have the BT halo 1 with fibre package so your saying I plug in my existing router and ring BT on the day I move in?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Deleted by poster

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Have you followed the BT Home Move process?

You would need a BT Smart Hub 2, which will be supplied by BT, provided of course you have an order in progress. The service has to be activated on a agreed future date, it cannot just be done on the day, by request.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

I'm moving at the end of the month, then I will follow the BT move process.

Yes I've got the BT smart hub 2 router 

Thanks again for your help 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@Biglad 

You need to start the home move process now, otherwise your connection will be delayed.

https://www.bt.com/manage/moving-home/

Message 8 of 10

Thanks for information but it's a new build and therefore the postcode and address aren't yet on the system to let BT do their end of the move.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Biglad, welcome to the forum and thanks for your posts. 

If you have a definite move date, then call in and speak with the FTTP team as they'll be able to check your address and advise you further about getting connected. As this is a new build and not listed yet they'll be best placed to help you.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Thanks John 

0 Ratings