cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Plugged Bt Hub 6 Into Smart Hub 2 For More Range, Have I Configured Everything Correctly?

Go to solution

Hi all.

Plugged my Hub 6 into a smart hub 2 for more range. 

I initially configured the Hub 6 by putting a LAN Cable between that and my PC Only

Disabled DHCP, Firewall, Upnp and I also changed my server address range and my hub gateway IP address so both routers don't conflict on 192.168.1.254

Everything is working fine but I am unable to access my hub 6 router settings (to change wifi password etc) after I plug my smart hub 2 into it. Whenever I enter the IP address hub gateway I put in it simply times out. I must add though everything is working fine, I just cant access the hub 6 router 

Why is it doing this and have I configured everything correctly?

I saw there was a link here that explains how to do this;

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/BTHub6-Smart-Hub-As-WiFi-Extender-or-AP-Access-Point-amp...

But It wont let me access the link sadly

thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Plugged Bt Hub 6 Into Smart Hub 2 For More Range, Have I Configured Everything Correctly?

Go to solution

can you access this post

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Use-a-second-Smart-Hub-2-0-as-a-wifi-extender-whilst-kee...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Re: Plugged Bt Hub 6 Into Smart Hub 2 For More Range, Have I Configured Everything Correctly?

Go to solution

Hey thanks, that works.

I did all that but still cant access my BT HUB 6 Gateway when connected to the Smart Hub 2 for some reason

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

What address did you use? It needs to be in the same range as the SH2 but outside the DHCP. Which IIRC is 192.168.1.63 or below.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Tried 192.168.1.255 but didnt work

Range is 192.168.1.64 - 192.168.1.253

Also tried to change the server address range to custom and use 172.16.0.1 but didn't work either

Everything internet based works fine its just I am unable to access the HUB 6 when I connect it to the Smart Hub 2

If I disconnect everything and just leave a cable between the PC and HUB6 then 172.16.0.1 / 192.168.1.255 loads strangely

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

You can't use 255, that's the broadcast address for the subnet. As @rbz5416 says, it needs to be below 63

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@sunny808 

if you read the link I posted @licquorice explains how to set up your HH6

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@licquorice 

Thank you everyone I will give this a go later on today

I read the link but my understanding was that if the range was;

192.168.1.64 - 192.168.1.253

Anything outside of this would work

Since the smarthub uses 192.168.1.254  , If I set the hub6 to 192.168.1.255 that would be out the range

But thank you so much for your replies I will give this a go later on today

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

255 is always the broadcast address of any subnet and can't be given to an individual device.

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@imjolly 

Works perfectly thank you all for your assistance

0 Ratings