cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Poor 4G Signal for Hybrid Connect

Go to solution

@Alan_in_Hemelwrote:

I tried disconnecting the broadband line and it took about three minutes for the hybrid connect to sort itself out. However, the wi-fi was very poor and kept cutting out and none of the wired devices could get any broadband at all. After reconnection it took about three minutes to stabilise the broadband again.

What do you mean  by the WiFi was poor? Do you mean devices connected wirelessly couldn’t get any broadband at all like your wired devices?

Did you manage to do a speed test when the hub was running off the 4G signal?

I was lead to believe that BT would do a check if you tried to order Halo 3+ to see what 4G coverage you would have and wouldn’t sell it to you if it was below certain parameters, perhaps that was duff info?

Last two things to check, the EE coverage map will tell you what they think you should get, plus if there are problems in your area and Cellmapper will tell you exactly which tower (if any) covers you to aid with positioning of the Hybrid Connect.

Checking both also strengthens your complaint if you have been missold.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

My iPhone showed an internet connection in settings but with very low signal. When I tried to use anything my phone told me I was not connected to the internet. The wired devices showed no internet connection at all.

The EE Coverage map said this: You won't get 4G coverage on your BT 4G Home Hub (EE SIM).

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Well, there is your evidence that it shouldn’t have been sold to you then. You will need to raise a complaint,  basically it is the only way to track a case even if you aren’t actually complaining.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

I get the same you won’t get coverage message from the EE coverage check, despite my Hybrid Connect sitting there happily showing the maximum 3 bars with a -86 dBm signal reported by the hub.

I’d still use it as evidence if I were Alan as he clearly has a useless service, but something’s wrong with the coverage checker somewhere which doesn’t seem to recognise the term Hybrid Connect at all.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

I have prepared a log of events as I have had other issues over the contract renewal.  Such as removal of landline services, Voicemail & Call Protect, between contract agreement date and install date. This is despite the fact they were agreed to be carried over from the last contract, I will lose them both for two weeks. I will wait until after the Full Fibre install date so I have a complete picture before I send the complaint log onto BT.  

Thanks for all the help on here on this subject.

Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

@Andrew600wrote:

I get the same you won’t get coverage message from the EE coverage check, despite my Hybrid Connect sitting there happily showing the maximum 3 bars with a -86 dBm signal reported by the hub.

I’d still use it as evidence if I were Alan as he clearly has a useless service, but something’s wrong with the coverage checker somewhere which doesn’t seem to recognise the term Hybrid Connect at all.

I always use an iPhone on the checker, never bothered searching for Hybrid Connect.

Mine is sitting in a window with rabbit ears aerials added and that gets me 2 bars around -100dBm.

If I force an event I get the full 30 Mbps download that it is capped at, but I had to use Cellmapper to find the right mast to try and connect to as there is only one of 3 in my area that really reaches the house and seems to drop dramatically once it hits the first external wall! 

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

It has taken me a while to work out how to re-size a photo so it can be accepted on this site. This is the best I get and nothing works through it when the broadband is disconnected.

IMG_4153.jpg

0 Ratings