cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: no IPv6 despite it being on in router and Windows x10 ethernet adapters?

Go to solution

I'm sure I did say smarthub2 – and as above, that website says if your address stars with fe (and 3 or 4 others) then it will not work with IPv6 site as displayed in the screenshot

and, my LAN in PC is IPv6 (and IPv4) are on 'AUTO' on both DNS and IP address...?

So I'm at a complete loss here?

My time is up in November, I will be looking to move AND buy my own router - it's just what do you buy that works with PON and is upgradeable with third party firmware for extras

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Just for the record...

Untitled.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @snadge

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the problems you're having with IPv6 connectivity.  We can pick this up from here to help.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Robby,

I sent my details via PM as this full message too, but would not send due to HTML Error?

test-ipv6.com

IPv6 test sites report that I am not using IPv6, when ULA is 'OFF' in the router (default setting), IPv4 and IPv6 are connected from the PC (ticked as on) in LAN properties (Cat 6 LAN cable on 1Gbps ports) and both DNS and IP on Auto Negotiation.

It's all set to auto config (before I used quad9 DNS hence it gave me a green tick for that, but changed it to Auto (BT) on both IPv4 and IPv6) – connected via 1Gbps LAN and get 800-930Mbps and now get the blue "!" no IPv6?

When all set to BT (Auto Neg) - the site above reports that I am not using any IPv6 whatsoever and get 0/10

So I'm at a bit of a loss as to why this site reports these:

IMAGE 1IMAGE 1IMAGE 2IMAGE 2IMAGE 3IMAGE 3

Can you help with this issue? I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browsers (no extensions) all with the same results?

I am tech-savvy so know my stuff, and I can't fathom why this site reports it? Not only that, but I don't use a VPN or 3rd party DNS (not for testing)

This proves what I say about using a 3rd party DNS like Quad9 gave me a green tick on that, but on BT I get a “no result” (cant connect to IPv6 sites).

The one on the thread was using Quad9 DNS, I thought was on auto-neg. Hence, the green tick on IPv6 DNS

regards

Snadge

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

I have sussed the issue:

LIBREWOLF - USES IPv4 BY DEFAULT!

You have got to go into Librewolf's own settings (in settings) and enable IPv6..!

when rerun I get 9/10, no green ticks (or 10/10) because BT uses IPv4 DNS only - it says so even in the router.

edit : strange that other browsers (especially chrome/edge) yield that same result?

thanks for the help guys and gals

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

Ah...yes.  I don't use BT DNS.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Yeah, I didn't realise that Librewolf had its own 'Librewolf' settings section, in which IPv6 is disabled! Lol...

I went back to Quad9 DNS on both IPv6 and IPv4 now I know it's working, the test now says I have IPv6 and can access IPv6 websites and IPv6 DNS servers (Quad9)

thanks again

0 Ratings