cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 72

Re: Help Activating Discovery+ account

Go to solution
Exactly the same issue for me. Been going on now since Saturday 12th. Absolute waste of time.
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 72

Go to solution

Hi Darren,

I received the email informing me of BT Sport app closing 12th October.

I've followed the links well over a dozen times and still get am error message:

'To get set up, please head to My BT and follow the simple activation steps.

Code: WB310

Request ID - 1693571678665:rc-t4kKqIgR6RsN4R-8XO'

'I follow through the link, fill in all fields and then get the following error message on the sign up page:

'Sorry, there was an error. Please log in if you already have an account or try signing up with a different email address'

I was on a live chat and they could resolve the issue. Can you help please?

Ron

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 72

Go to solution

When clicking the link in MyBT to activate discovery+ it shows you a form to fill in to create an account, but there's also a message telling you to sign in if you already have a discovery+ login.

I can see that you have already created the discovery+ login, but haven't successfully associated it with your account.  Instead of filling in all the details on that form, just select the sign in option at the top right corner.  On the next screen, it'll then link the logins together.

Message 34 of 72

Go to solution

Hi Darren,

Many thanks for your speedy reply.

For some reason, my login details are a different email address which I thought I only used for a specific email account, but obviously not 🫣

All working fine now 😊

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 72

Go to solution
I'm getting the exact same error message as mattp22, Neil. Please help!
0 Ratings
Message 36 of 72

Go to solution

Hi @zoahms, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry you're having trouble activating Discovery+.

This was resolved for mattp22 before we got to the case, so we can't be sure what caused the error.

What Sport/TV package do you have?
Do you have more than one account linked to your BTID? Check by logging in and see if there is a drop down option beside your account number showing other accounts.

Also check you've claimed the Account Holder status on your BTID? Log in and check 'your details' and 'Account' will show this info.

Cheers

John

Message 37 of 72

Go to solution

Hi John,

thanks for replying. We have BT Sport on Sky. Just the one account I think as there’s no drop-down menu and all looks fine on the account details page.

I’ve tried various activate links and always just takes me back to myBT with no link to be found.

Cheers,

Shabbir

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 72

Go to solution

Hi @zoahms, thanks for checking that for me and posting back. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get it set up,

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 72

Go to solution

Hi John,

I am experiencing the same issue of never seeing the Activate option in BT account pages. 

I have BT (TNT) sports on mobile devices only via a monthly BT subscription.

I have Account Holder status (according to my account details) and only one account - no drop down option. I also only have one email associated with BT.

Can I get this looked into somehow, as the live chat team could not resolve it.

Many thanks

Andrew

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 72

Go to solution

Hi Andrew, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry you're experiencing problems activating Discovery+ in MyBT

You can activate through My BT by one of two ways can you try these steps and let me know if they help?

Activate under the Your Products >> TV >> Manage section:

Activate in the 'New for you' section if the tile doesn't appear in Products:

How do I activate on a mobile device/My BT app?

Open the My BT app on the device and go to Your Products (bottom), then TV and Sport. The activation button should be there within the discovery+ tile:

Thanks

Neil