cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 34

Watching TNT Sports via Discovery+ app

Go to solution

I've activated my membership of Discovery+ via the BT website so I can watch BT Sport/now TNT Sports on the Discovery+ app. I'm told here that I need to get Discovery+ ID to log in on their app, but I can't get this ID from their app as a BT customer. How do I get a Discovery+ ID as a BT Broadband and BT Sports customer?

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34

Re: Watching TNT Sports via Discovery+ app

Go to solution

I also activated my Discovery+ today via "My BT". As part of the activation procedure I was prompted to set up a Discovery+ username & password. Did you not get this prompt? I have used the newly created credentials to log onto Discovery+ on my 3 Firesticks (via the Firestick app)  & on my phone & tablet (via the Android Discovery+ app).

For your reference, I have found out that my BT TV (Youview) box is not current enough to be able to get the Discovery+ app & I will need a new box, which is free under my contract. However, if I get a new box, I will of course lose all my recordings on my current BT TV box, so it looks like I will have to access Discovery+ on my Firestick.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 34

Go to solution

Thanks for you reply.  No, I didn't get a prompt which is rather concerning. I wonder how I resolve this.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 34

Go to solution

What did you see then @kippaxblue ? Clicking the link to activate d+ should take you to the d+ site where it'll ask you to either create a discovery+ login, or log in with an existing one. There aren't any other steps.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 34

Go to solution
Welcome to the club...

Theres a fair few of us having this issue right now. Ie the discovery+ activation link (which is in an email) taking the user directly to the My BT landing page, and the landing page not containing further info.

If you've ever had BT in the past you maybe experiencing a problem with two accounts linked to one bt id.

There are apparently issues for sky subscribers also.

And a few other issues with activaiton.

I've been sat since Saturday unable to access the service and missing out on the games. Hope you get resolved faster than I do. Good luck.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 34

Go to solution

The BT Sport app can still be used to watch TNT Sport at present. I just tested this on my Android phone using the BT Sport app. Now that BT Sport is a bit of a back water, new content seems to take longer to appear, last weekend's UFC card being a prime example, but watching live sport is not a problem. I watched the Super Cup this week via the BT Sport app on my Firestick.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 34

Go to solution

Hi Darren, so if I click on 'Manage', it does take me to the D+ website where I am presented with Sign In or Sign Up.

I couldn't sign in with my BT login details and when I went to Sign Up, I was just presented with D+'s own subsciption plans.

A step-by-step guide from BT would be helpful please, because at some stage the BT Sport app, which is already losing its functionality, will be shut down and I won't be able to access TNT Sports through my phone or iPad.

I pay a lot of money for the HD version of TNT Sports and so your colleagues really need to step up to the plate on this please (yes, I do watch baseball on TNT Sports). 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 34

Go to solution

Does anyone else have your BT login credentials @kippaxblue ?  Someone has been through the proper activation journey for your account and created a discovery+ login with full subscription.  I don't have access to see what email address they used when creating the discovery+ login though - I'd need to check with one of my colleagues tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 34

Go to solution

I'm not aware of anyone else having access to my BT login details. Sorry.  I tried creating a D+ account on my laptop and phone and there was no indication from either attempt that I had succeeded.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 34

Go to solution

I've checked with the team, and I'm afraid there's no way for us to tell what email address was used to register for d+. I can only suggest you try a password reset with the email address you think you would have used (on the discovery+ web site), and check whether there's an active subscription on it.