cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 92

Re: bt sports app on windows

Go to solution
All devices connect to the exact same servers at our end.
0 Ratings
Message 52 of 92

Go to solution
I agree with you.
0 Ratings
Message 53 of 92

Go to solution

Must be down to the dog web player vs the app then 🤷🏻‍♂️

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 92

Go to solution

The BT sport feed to my laptop through browsers is awful, but to my android phone it is good. I've bought a Chromecast for £24 on Ebay, and managed to set it up. It's not the easiest of things to set up, but online guidance helped. It appears to work, and "casts" the feed from my phone to my TV via the HDMI port. After the next European games I'll be able to report back better. This could be a reasonably-priced option for those, like me, struggling to watch sport on a rrasonably-sized screen since the "modernisation" of dropping the app.

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 92

Go to solution

Chromecast worked well tonight  so if you're getting a crappy feed through your browser, it is probably the cheapest way to get a decent picture on your tv: a £24 one-off payment.  As a question to BT: any chance of notification when the browser feed improves for those who can't  get a decent stream through their browser, as promised earlier in this thread? There was no notification that the app was no longer going to be supported. I just tried to watch the Everton-Liverpool game on the app as usual, and the only immediately available alternative suggested by BT was unwatchable. I'm concerned that in the name of "modernisation" BT will now, at any minute, with no warning, reduce the quality of my phone line and internet. If they can do it with the sport, why not? BT manages to send me plenty of unwanted marketing junk mail, but when it comes to useful information it doesn't  seem to be able to get its act together. We pay enough. Get it sorted.

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 92

Go to solution
There was a notice added to the app for a month before it was closed, including details of the alternative.
I'll update this thread when the web player has been updated to improve the experience for PCs that are struggling. The supplier for our web player is treating this as top priority.
0 Ratings
Message 57 of 92

Go to solution

The notice on the app was only visible when the app was opened, which for me  and for most customers, would be just before a game we were looking forward to watching; at which point it was too late to sort out a watchable  alternative. A company like BT should be able to give a better service than that.

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 92

Go to solution

Watching Shaktar v Celtic via laptop. Started well (bt not Celtic) and I thought some tweaks have been made because it was good but it's like it needs winding up after 15 mins and the usual slow and buffering . Although buffering is quick to stop it spoils the whole experience.

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 92

Go to solution

Sky seem to manage it fine even on sky go.

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 92

Go to solution

Getting ready for the joyce v parker fight at the weekend. Thought it would be on Dazn but it isn't. Must be sky. It's not. It's on BT and with their standards of delivery there is not a chance that I will pay for it. Losing badly needed revenue.

0 Ratings