cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Sports channels blank

Go to solution

My sports channels are just showing a blank screen today (were fine yesterday), but with the program description at the bottom, and are on the guide ok. My broadband connection is fine, and I can watch sky sports through the Now app but not on the normal BT box channel. I've done a re-boot, channel re-tune and software update, all to no avail. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sports channels blank

Go to solution

Hi @Johnstr, Do you have any other Now channels included in your package? If so are you able to check them and let us know if they are working ok?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

No, I just have the Big Sport package so can use the Now app only for Sky Sports. I also have the blank screen on BT Sport and Eurosport channels.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Johnstr, thanks for getting back to us. 
How do you have the Hub connected to the the TV? If wireless can you try with an Ethernet cable?
If you're already on Ethernet can you try another Ethernet cable?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi John, I tried another ethernet cable but same result. I even tried an extra long one from box to router, by-passing the connectors, but again same result. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Have you rebooted your router too?

@Johnstrwrote:

My sports channels are just showing a blank screen today (were fine yesterday), but with the program description at the bottom, and are on the guide ok. My broadband connection is fine, and I can watch sky sports through the Now app but not on the normal BT box channel. I've done a re-boot, channel re-tune and software update, all to no avail. Any ideas?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I re-booted the router and it now works! As my connection was fine I can't see why it worked but it did! Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Johnstr, thanks for the update and glad it's working as I was running out of ideas as to what could be wrong.

cheers

John

0 Ratings