cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 131 of 215

Re: EE “A new era”

Go to solution
Just checked the EE website and now 1.6Gbps is available at my property, so would be going for that too!
-----------------------------------------
(BT Full Fibre 900 -- 980mbps down :: 110mbps up)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 132 of 215

Go to solution

Do you have one? If so can you share sort of speeds are you getting and what connection you have? 

Message 133 of 215

Go to solution

@mirrors90wrote:

My plan is to switch to EE TV once my sky runs out in Jan, as long as the UI is as good as sky. 

It isn’t by a long stretch.

Sky have ropey hardware but access to all the content and the best UI in the business, meanwhile BT/EE have well powered hardware running a UI from the 90s, less access to content and more ‘stream identifier rectangles’ than any other platform out there “so they can spot illegal streams”, but in reality catch barely anyone (they are all watching US streams on a VPN), and just spoil the viewing for paying customers.

If you like voice search/functions (like skip 4 minutes), and a Netflix integration with your main watchlist, you will be disappointed. It works fairly well as a straightforward PVR though.

It’s why many of us are waiting to see what the Apple TV EE app integration looks like. It might give us what Sky Stream dreams it can do, on hardware that provides access to all the apps the TV box does not.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 134 of 215

Go to solution

Same! Just paid out £400 (on sale from £600!) for a WiFi 6E mesh system.

6E is rubbish and I only have a few devices that are compatible so if the EE router is close to good I’ll be happy! 

Coincidentally is there a data sheet or spec for the EE Wi-Fi 6 router and satellite lurking about? 

Message 135 of 215

Go to solution

@stereohaven sorry! I wasn’t clear , the Apple TV is the one I’m looking for - to have all my apps and tv on one box. TNT app, in 4k - Disney; Netflix , everything on one remote! 

Message 136 of 215

Go to solution

@mirrors90 Hopefully the pro box with EE services will have more contracts with streamers like Disney Paramount etc, which BT TV didn’t have. I would really miss the pausing live TV and recording features should I not opt for the pro box 

Message 137 of 215

Go to solution

@mirrors90wrote:

@stereohaven sorry! I wasn’t clear , the Apple TV is the one I’m looking for - to have all my apps and tv on one box. TNT app, in 4k - Disney; Netflix , everything on one remote! 

Ahhh… gotcha! Same wave length now….

————————————————————-
Message 138 of 215

Go to solution

Has anyone managed to try out the new ee proposition yet?

I’m interested to how the router compares and the benefits that come with it

Message 139 of 215

Go to solution

@FC12wrote:

@mirrors90 Hopefully the pro box with EE services will have more contracts with streamers like Disney Paramount etc, which BT TV didn’t have. I would really miss the pausing live TV and recording features should I not opt for the pro box 

I doubt it to be honest, we have been waiting 4+ years for YouTube.

With many apps on Apple TV you can pause on live TV. The holy grail would be to have a BT/EE Pro TV box sitting somewhere just being a solid broadcast PVR able to serve up your recordings to the new app on an Apple TV.

————————————————————-
Message 140 of 215

Go to solution

Forgot to add as others were talking about it, the only offer in MyBT for me is to recontract my current broadband at the same price for another 2 years.

No Openreach FTTH/P here, only FTTC, but Toob has just started rolling out 900 Mbps (symmetrical) down the road, hopefully that kicks OR into life locally.

————————————————————-