cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 141 of 215

Re: EE “A new era”

Go to solution

So I called EE, signed up for the new EE.

they've requested the line takeover from BT on 10 November , but apparently if i plug my router in when it comes it works on bt then the switch will just happen and nobody will notice.

I’ve taken fibre 67 essentials, added the smart connect and WiFi dish on. £51 a month, paying BT £67 at the moment so it works well I feel.

something I asked the gentleman to clarify - and he was happy to clarify - the mobile phone data plans existing are moved up to unlimited speed , it’s only future £10/ month unlimited data sims which are capped at 10mb/s - he clarified with his manager and confirmed. That’s a great benefit tbf. 

something which they don’t mention, but is included in your order confirmation - if you sign up to fibre 67 , they promise to upgrade you to full fibre 150 (bt is 100) at no additional cost in monthly fee or setup charges , once full fibre is available in your area. That is subject to you recontracting for 2 years at time of upgrade. 

I didn’t bother with WiFi optimiser or the expert or cyber security addons , as that is pretty much all not needed in my household. 

You can only order 1 WiFi booster at a time. So he’s shipping one, I try that, if it fails to get whole home coverage he will ship up to 2 more. 

he did say that if I “forgot” to return my bt complete WiFi dish, that would work with the new router in tandem - but I’d get fined £30 a dish - so food for thought. 

Message 142 of 215

Go to solution

Almost certain he's wrong about the old complete WiFi discs @mirrors90 ... mine certainly don't work with it.

Message 143 of 215

Go to solution

Fair, it is a new system isn’t it?

Message 144 of 215

Go to solution

Can also confirm. He’s very much wrong about the discs. 

Yes it’s a completely different router and totally different discs also. 

Message 145 of 215

Go to solution

Also I’ve got unlimited data activated now , and I can confirm it’s not limited to 10mb/s - speed test has shown 80mb/s - so that’s a good perk 

Message 146 of 215

Go to solution

Re: something which they don’t mention, but is included in your order confirmation - if you sign up to fibre 67 , they promise to upgrade you to full fibre 150 (bt is 100) at no additional cost in monthly fee or setup charges , once full fibre is available in your area. That is subject to you recontracting for 2 years at time of upgrade. 

Same as BT, but is a complete joke as the wording implies they will automatically do this for you. They wont - you will need to keep checking and then request it. It's just a marketing gimmick.

BT don't actually state in their advertising that it will start a new 24 month contract, so at least EE have been upfront.

Message 147 of 215

Go to solution

Why would they do an automatic upgrade to FTTP? It requires an engineer install so is not a quick flick of a switch upgrade & needs work booked, perfectly reasonable to not automatically do that!

Message 148 of 215

Go to solution

Why would they do an automatic upgrade to FTTP? It requires an engineer install so is not a quick flick of a switch upgrade & needs work booked, perfectly reasonable to not automatically do that!

Maybe I worded it poorly. Both BT and EE imply that you will get a free upgrade to FF as soon as it is available - BUT they wont tell you when it is. So it's a pointless 'perk' used as a carrot - when all it means is a contract extension, if you can be bothered to keep checking and chase it.

Message 149 of 215

Go to solution

I'm sure marketing (maybe even from openreach) is sent when FTTP is available as well

Message 150 of 215

Go to solution

I'm sure marketing (maybe even from openreach) is sent when FTTP is available as well

No notification is sent by anyone. Spoke to various people at BT and Openreach about this very issue and all stated that it was not something they did - even when I was on the top Halo package.