cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 161 of 215

Re: New EE launch

Go to solution

I would have expected some special deals for people coming from BT?

Message 162 of 215

Go to solution

Apparently you need to phone them to get the BT >> new EE offers as they are not being shown on the website: https://www.bt.com/ee

Message 163 of 215

Go to solution

I don't think the offers are ready yet though or just the staff aren't properly trained on them 

The launch is a bit of a mess really with some BT products not available on EE so people with them can't switch if they wanted until they are.

That being said the only add on really missing from the 1.6gbs package is the hybrid connect I'm sure could be added on.

I doubt people would really use the tech expert visits as people have said they aren't very good 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 164 of 215

Go to solution

I think it’ll take a bit of time for the new products to settle in and become general knowledge. They’re only a few weeks since they launched it all and there a huge number of people to train.

The home visit from Qube aren’t worth the money, the people don’t have the greatest technical skills or knowledge. There was a time when BT used to send them before they would send an Openreach engineer only for them to turn up and not be able to help. I supposed they’re good if you’re a complete technophobe and need help setting up your router but the instructions are probably easier (and save you money).

I thought BT’s version of Hybrid Connect was ready? Is it not available (yet) on the 1.6 connection? They’re a bit pointless in my opinion especially if you have FTTP. BT’s version is speed limited to 30Mbps and the devices themselves don’t pick up a great connection. I’ve seen a few people on here buying antennas for them that should be out of the box given the poor reception. I was doing some decorating in the house this weekend, had my ONT switched off, the Hybrid connect said it had ‘good reception’ but there was no data throughput. Aside from that if you have a large data allowance then you’re best off tethering via your mobile temporarily. 

Message 165 of 215

Go to solution

EE do offer Hybrid connects,  It just doesnt come as standard on the 1.6 gbps package

Looking at the site for the 1.6gbps you get their version of the Wifi Disc and the Wifi Enhancer but not the Hybrid Connect.

The Hybrid Connect I have on my BT Halo 3+ package actually has the EE logo on it whilst the Smart Hub 2 has the BT logo

I'm mostly interested in it so I'd at least have some net connection if the fibre went down temporarily though my mobile is on an unlimted data plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 166 of 215

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. 

I think I’ve got one of the earlier hybrid connect devices on Halo3+ as it says BT on the front of it although aside from the logo I think they’re the same models/type. 

I really wish they would increase the upload significantly on FTTP which is technically possible. 

Message 167 of 215

Go to solution

Yeah technically FTTP can have the same download and upload.

I guess they think most consumers mostly need faster downloads and arent as bothered by upload

Message 168 of 215

Go to solution

Just received a call from BT and my move to EE is complete!

New kit arrives tomorrow and the service is already live. Decided to move my SIM over to one of their unlimited plans too.

Still currently on the 900mbps speed but will move to 1.6gbps once everything is up and running properly.

-----------------------------------------
(BT Full Fibre 900 -- 980mbps down :: 110mbps up)
Message 169 of 215

Go to solution

The equipment is mostly the same I think

Just the EE hub and EE wifi disc equivalent have Wifi 6 and I presume the hub has 2.5 gig lan ports for the 1.6gbps connection

Message 170 of 215

Go to solution

I have called twice in the last week. They keep saying the deal for new customers on EE website is not available to me due to technical issues. Asked to call back Friday and deal will be available and technical issue resolved! They said the same last Friday. Same old BT technical issues galore. Why are they so bad ?

Thought this was a new dawn for EE and serving customers:(