cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 201 of 215

Re: New EE launch -Transfer from BT to EE shouldn't be this difficult!

Go to solution

Yep

I've had an email telling me I can move to EE when I can't because I have BT TV.

Also when I rang BT to swap from FTTC to FTTP I was told that when I can switch from BT to EE when EE has their TV service ready I could have the 1.6gb package.

So it seems different people have different answers on things and the systems still arent ready,  I guess we'll see when I call them or visit a shop when EE TV is ready

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 202 of 215

Go to solution

They sent me out a replacement TV box and it’s externally EE branded but the software is still BT branded. 

Message 203 of 215

Go to solution

@Anonymous How does the ee box look? Same dimensions as the BT pro box?

Message 204 of 215

Go to solution

EE has now unsuccessfully infiltrated "MyBT", this was the half baked view when I logged in to check my bill just now:

BT or EE?BT or EE?

The main landing page remains BT branded. I have hidden my customer number and bookmarks bar to protect the innocent. 

The "Your bills" section of the MyBT app no longer works either, throwing an error and asking me to try again later.

This isn't critical to me today, but this stuff really should be happening overnight or by taking these pages/apps down for notified maintenance and not during times when UK customers are likely to want to self serve.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 205 of 215

Go to solution
This happened a few days back as well, it was reported as fixed.
Seems its happening again
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 206 of 215

Go to solution

It’s slightly larger but not by much, largely because it’s a rectangle rather than pill shaped. Personally preferred the look of the other one, felt or at least looked a bit more premium. 

Functionality is exactly the same, feels a micron faster but could be ‘new device effect’

Message 207 of 215

Go to solution

I am getting some mix of kit now on offers on MyBT page. Some EE badged kit.

EE free 3 months (on a 24 mth) offer ends 7 Dec and BT rebrands BTTV 6th. Does that mean we become EE and cannot sign into the new to EE deals?

Message 208 of 215

Go to solution

No. It just means BT TV is rebranded as EE TV. You'll still be on BT on a BT contract unless you choose to switch to EE and get their new equipment 

Message 209 of 215

Go to solution

@verkosh yeah, I have hit the brick wall trying to switch already cos BT TV package (help/retention/sales line said sometime next year then it all happens Dec 6??).

I could do BB only, but lose my BT TV package, now it looks BT TV will be EE, was my direction. 3 month free BB is quite a chunk but getting exasperated with the messaging.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 210 of 215

Go to solution

I cancelled my TV to move over and they weren't able to switch me because of the various issues mentioned in this thread so they reinstated my TV package.

It's annoying but you might be best off waiting until the new year, hopefully the offers are similar in the January sales or better and they'll have resolved the migration issues (he says hopefully).