cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 211 of 215

Re: New EE launch -Transfer from BT to EE shouldn't be this difficult!

Go to solution

So after my regrade, my MyBT page has fixed itself and is working again as normal! The MyEE page still doesn't work, can't click on anything without it all crashing out. My mobile is still listed there with a note saying £20 off for multi-product, so let's see if that stays..

Since regrading and using my own router instead of the SH2 (EE want their hub back and I'd gotten used to WiFi 6 already) my speeds have gone up to 980mbps!

-----------------------------------------
(BT Full Fibre 900 -- 980mbps down :: 110mbps up)
Message 212 of 215

Go to solution

That's a pretty decent increase in speed @Moose_UK .....what router did you go for and is it a Mesh system?

If mine issue goes the same way as yours has I may well have to do the same as I have gotten used to the wifi 6 speeds

Message 213 of 215

Go to solution

@Spenny25 I went for a Linksys Hydra Pro 6E. Can be expanded to work with their other mesh products. I’m incredibly happy with it so far.. WiFi controls on the app work 😂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 214 of 215

Go to solution

Are you using it as a single node? 

I had 2 of  then linked together as a mesh using wireless backhaul. The connectivity between the 2 wasnt the strongest resulting in poor speeds on the secondary node. 

In the same room as the primary node things were brilliant but that was in a room that doesn't get used much and the opposite side of the house so not much use. 

I've been on the hunt for a reliable and affordable mesh for a bit now and haven't managed it. Currently using the Orbi 853 system which is eye wateringly expensive but so far the most consistent.

Message 215 of 215

Go to solution

I’m currently using it as a single node. WiFi ranges from 500 to 800 mbps.

It seems to reach much further than the EE hub plus with boosters too!