cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 181 of 215

Re: New EE launch -Transfer from BT to EE shouldn't be this difficult!

Go to solution

Have been with BT for a number of years, aside from the odd issue my connection was rock solid and had Halo 3+ 900mbp FTTP, however saw the new EE announcement with the 1.6Gbs speeds and WiFi 6 Hub and thought I'd upgrade.  Waited a cople of weeks for the dust to settle and then thought I'd call up and place an order for an 'Upgrade' as prompted on the My BT webpage, and thats when the the fiasco began........

First operative on the phone was that up to speed with the packages and said I couldn't have the 1.6GB speed (although the EE site says I can?), then said I could have the 'Essentials' (00 deal with 3 months free etc, so I went for that and added the smart wifi extenders also, however apparently due to my email address being used on BT is the same as EE it couldnt be completed and had to be escallated and I would get a call next day......the call never came.

So rang up the next day and spoke to another advisor who said I couldn't have the essentials package and had to have the full works package as it had to be an upgrade and more expensive than my BT package......it was only a couple of pounds more and I wanted the updated hub so went ahead with it......again, order had issues with the email and had to be escalated...(by this time overall I had spent in excess of 2 and a half hours on the phone) and would be confrimed the next day. 

An email arrived late the next day to confirm the order and that the equipment was being sent out, great!  However no Hybrid Connect included for some reason.......called up again, nothing can be done until the equipment has been delivered so to call back then.

Equipment turns up (a day later than promised), no hybrid connect.......I plug it all in and cannot access the broadband tab or wifi controls (states I am not allowed to view the page or there has been an issue).  So I call up again and am told that its to do with the switch from BT, they delete my BT ID which didnt fix it and then said the issue needed to go to the offline team to rectify whichcan take up to 5 days to sort, however most are completed in 24 hours (they also say they are going to send me the hybrid connect which was missing and would have it by Tuesday).  Waited 3 days, still no update and cannot access the app controls etc and no Hybrid Connect delivery....

So, I call them again......and apparently even though they sent out some of the equipment my order is shown as failed (still says open on my order page), as such the issue was never escalated and the hybrid connect not ordered.

This advisor has said he needed to cancel my order and wait at least 24hours to re order it......I am awaiting a call back on Sunday Morning to arrange the re order, however I am not confident I will get that call or the order will go through

So far a total of almost 5 hours on the phone and no further forward, plus don't actually know who my broadband is with?!

I have used the BT Forum in the past and the mods on there are very good as escalating issues such as these to the correct teams for speedy resolutions.....is it the same on the EE one?  I have posted this on the EE forum as well, but thought I'd post it here as well as it is unclear who the issue is with, BT or EE

I appreciate that its a new system, but surely someone at EE knows how to rectify these issues and with the push to get BT customers onto EE it should be pretty straight forward.

Message 182 of 215

Go to solution

I'm in your shoes with the very similar reasons. 
I've got mobile with EE for a while and I thought they would simply add the broadband package once the upgrade from BT broadband to EE is done to the existing EE ID.
They set me up with a new EE ID (same email but different alias).
It turns out I have my mobile packages linked to an EE ID and my EE broadband to another EE ID both under the same email address but they are kept separated, so that means I need to login/logout to access each service which is a huge pain.
Rang them several times to sort that out, they always tell me they will ring back but they don't.

Lost faith in this to be honest. I don't have more time to deal with such incompetency.
It's just a matter of merging 2 EE Ids in one, how hard is that?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 183 of 215

Go to solution

I’ve had a very similar experience to you and have been told that at the moment it’s a no for me to migrate to EE. 

My issue has been all the way up to the product team who couldn’t resolve the issue. Have been told to wait 3 months and try again! Not sure what the 3 months will do but for now I’ll have to wait and see. 

Good luck trying to speak to someone who can help. As it’s such a new process it can be a bit hit and miss. 

Message 184 of 215

Go to solution

@moscab Exactly!  I have been with EE mobile since 2011 and it should just be a case of linking it all together, the email addresses used shouldn't make any difference.   I appreciate that its a new system but to be pushing it as hard as they are, they should have the systems, training and knowledgeable staff in place prior to going live.  You speak to different people and get different and often conflicting answers, then if they don't know you just get transferred to another dept and have to go though the whole debacle all over again.....

No one at BT or EE seem to know what is going on, or are able to sort it

Message 185 of 215

Go to solution

Hi, @Spenny25 and @moscab I'm really sorry the transfer to New EE hasn't gone smoothly for you. I'll send you both a private message so you can get in touch with your details. The moderation team might not be able to fix the problems, but we'll try to find someone who can.

Thanks
Neil

Message 186 of 215

Go to solution

If I can offer anyone some advise, it's this.

"DO NOT SWITCH"

My service never went live, my Digital Voice was the only thing that was processed and that was removal of that. So I have no Digital Voice, yet am still paying for the same package with BT.

After countless calls to EE, I've had orders placed and cancelled. Offers given and withdrawn.

One advisor created a new account with a false email address to get me to shut up by the looks of it. With that, BT told me I would owe them £470.

Called EE and had that order cancelled. Had a call back the following day to re-try the regrade, couldn't be done. Passed around numerous departments and no-one can work out why nothing is working.

EE have sent emails and SMS messages asking me to return the kit or be charged. I've already sent back the BT kit (who are still asking me to return it) so I won't have any equipment to use to connect to the internet.

Latest update, wait 72 hours for a call back to see if that has fixed anything.

Surely if "New EE" is using "BT Technology" it shouldn't be this difficult right?

I can't check mobile phone bills, usage, plans or activate visual voicemail either as there are orders all over the place clogging everything up!

At my wits end with this all now...

-----------------------------------------
(BT Full Fibre 900 -- 980mbps down :: 110mbps up)
Message 187 of 215

Go to solution

I think you jumped the gun a bit early to be honest when it was just new and the processes were just being rolled out?

I am going to stick with my existing BT Broadband deal as I am getting 500mb with BT for £35 with no phone option (my mobile suffices), and by the looks of it I can't see EE matching that.

As my BT TV will be migrating to EE TV on 6th December, I am in no rush till I see what their TV services are going to be like. 

Message 188 of 215

Go to solution

I think the issues are the systems still dont seem to be talking to each other correctly  and that new customers to EE seem to be offered better deals than existing BT customers wanting to transfer

For example if I put my adress in the EE checker it shows I can get their 1.6gbps package.

However from here and the EE forum it seems that current BT customers cant actually transfer to this yet

Message 189 of 215

Go to solution

They also don't know how to handle existing EE customers who were on the old broadband service. If you try and do anything online it just throws an error and when you contact them they just say they are still working on a way for existing customers to upgrade to new EE. I'm hoping they sort it out before the EE TV service launches to EE customers.

It also means we can't take advantage of the unlimited SIMs because we are not considered EE broadband customers despite clearly having EE broadband.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 190 of 215

Go to solution

They kept talking about this when I was trying to migrate (and failed).

I've got a couple of EE IDs which they were trying to link together but it kept failing.